FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a DVD Card

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lumaret
Looking for a DVD Card
on Apr 15, 2003 at 6:11:51 am

Hello, I am looking for a DVD card for my system, in order to accelerate the rendering of Premier, which is driving me crazy, and been able to create better family videos and burn them on DVD's. I will like my budget to stay on the $1000 or if less, better.

I would like to know which is the better card I should get that will run in my system:
Processor: 1.80GHz/400MHz,Xeon, Dell Precision 530, 512K Cache
RAM: 512MB,PC800 @ 400MHz,2X256 Rambus Memory
Hard Drives: 2 x 36GB,SCSI,U160/M,10K RPM Drives

I also have a nVidia,Quadro2 EX,32MB,VGA, Graphics Card. And would like to know if any one knows if there will be any conflicts between this card and the new DVD card ? Will I have to uninstalll the nVidia card ?
I
I Hope someone out there can help me,

Lumaret

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Looking for a DVD Card
on Apr 15, 2003 at 3:44:38 pm

what do you have now as your capture card? just a basic firewire card? if you are looking to replace what you have, i would recommend the Matrox RTX100. You will need to capture directly through this card and you can use the realtime mpeg2 feature to make your dvd's faster.

another option would be to keep what you have and use the Canopus ProCoder software. It sells for $599 and has a great mpeg2 encoder that offers great quality and fast rendering.

- Jon x120

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
Re: Looking for a DVD Card
on Apr 16, 2003 at 12:21:25 am

Do you mean rendering to MPEG2 for DVD creation? IF that is what you meant then you could just get the CinemaCraft Basic encoder for $58 that works as a stand alone or plugin for Premiere and in my opinion is better than the MainConcept encoder or the LSX encoder. On my AMD XP1600 system it encoders close to realtime. You are unlikely to get encoder much faster than that on any system. IN the 2 pass VBR mode it takes just over 2 times realtime and does an excellent job of encoding. There is a demo you can download and try.

Ron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]