FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD RW Problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harold Ek
DVD RW Problem
on Sep 9, 2003 at 12:21:22 am

I have a rather strange problem going on with one of my DVD-RW which was being used during my learning process. I took the disk to a friend's house and there we burned a test project using DVD Workshop on her NEC burner that is installed in a Dell Computer. The disk would play properly either on my computer or standalone Panasonic DVD player. I then attempted to burn another test project using DVD It and my Pioneer 104 burner. When it came time to " build " a DVD I expected the program to note that the disk had data on it and offer to erase it, as Workshop had done. Now the program said " Cannot use this type of disk" and would proceed no further. I tried both Easy-CD Creator 6.0 and the normal XP programs to reformat or erase the disk but neither would allow it. When I took the disk back to my friend she could easily erase the disk. However even after being freshly erased DVD It would not accept the disk.
I did some further investigation and using the Prassi PrimoDVD, it said that the disk was either a stamped or locked DVD and again would not allow reformating . Apparently somewhere in the process I have encoded this disk in some way that none of my software will allow me to use it.

Can anyone explain what I have done, or perhaps more importantly, what can I do the regain the usefulness of my DVD RW?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Trying to learn in E. Tenn.

Return to posts index

WTS
Re: DVD RW Problem
by
on Sep 9, 2003 at 2:43:10 am

What software does your friend have that could erase the disc? Some of the authoring programs do a 'quick' erase, and some material is left on the disc in a way that other burners/players 'see' it and think the disc can't be used. If she has a third party burning app like Prassi, I would try doing a full erase, and maybe even two, and then see if the disc works.

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]