FORUMS: list search recent posts

loss of audio with ulead dvd ws

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
morph
loss of audio with ulead dvd ws
on Aug 19, 2003 at 5:03:44 pm

I am using ulead dvd ws to author avi files to dvd files for later burning. The problem is that I am losing the last 15mins or so of audio! Prior to that everything is OK. Video appears OK. I have tried encoding files of varying sizes, but the result is the same. I was using nero vision express with the dvd-mpeg2 encoder plug-in before, but it never encoded properly and gave errors in the final dvd. Has anyone experience that problem aswell? Please help as this is driving a newcomer to this mad!!! Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jerry Jones
Re: loss of audio with ulead dvd ws
on Sep 8, 2003 at 4:22:09 pm

The key to success with Ulead DVD WORKSHOP is to make certain you have applied the update patches...

http://www.ulead.com/tech/dws/dws_ftp.htm

In addition, make certain your Ulead DVD WORKSHOP project settings are adjusted to *match* the properties of your SOURCE video, assuming your SOURCE video is DVD compliant.

For example, I use DVD compliant source video recorded by my Panasonic VDR-M30 DVD camcorder.

When I right-click on the video recorded by the camcorder, I see the following properties:

NTSC drop frame (29.97 fps)
MPEG files
24 Bits, 704 x 480, 29.97 fps
Field Order B
(DVD-NTSC), 4 : 3
Video data rate: Variable (Max. 8800 kbps)
Audio data rate: 256 kbps
MPEG audio layer 2, 48 KHz, Stereo

Knowing this information, I adjust the Ulead DVD WORKSHOP project settings to precisely *match.*

As I result, I encounter no mysterious audio drop-out issues such as the one you have described.

When I import non-DVD compliant SOURCE files - such as DV .avi material - I note the following properties:

Microsoft AVI files
24 Bits, 720 x 480, 29.97 fps
Field Order A
DV Video Encoder -- type 1
DV Audio -- NTSC, 48.000 kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo

This material - of course - needs to be converted to become DVD compliant.

So I choose CONVERSION settings that are similar:

MPEG files
24 Bits, 720 x 480, 29.97 fps
Field Order A
(DVD-NTSC), 4:3
Video data rate: 8000 kbps
LPCM Audio, 48 KHz, Stereo

What are the properties of your SOURCE video?

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]