FORUMS: list search recent posts

SONY VS. PIONEER BURNER

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dwhite
SONY VS. PIONEER BURNER
on Aug 9, 2003 at 3:59:40 am

Dear Videoguys,

I have been doing tons of research and have narrowed my DVD burner purchase down to two models. The Pioneer DVR-A06 and the Sony DRU-500AX. Both are multi-format (- and +) burners with 4x capabilities. I have relied on you for many answers in the past via your website so I know I can count on you for this one as well.

It seems to me both burners are very similair in everything, including price. Which would you recommend and why would you chose the one you picked. What are the main differences in each and which is better for editing and burning of home and semi-pro (weddings) movies as well as for DVD backup and data storage?

Thanks for your help.

dwhite@nettaxi.com

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: SONY VS. PIONEER BURNER
on Aug 11, 2003 at 11:53:29 pm

Pioneer advantage - 6th generation drive. Excellent track record for reliabitiy, quality and speed. Faster -R burning speeds (both are 4x rated, but the Pioneer wins in independent tests).

Sony advantage - The latest models support 4x +RW. This isn't important for video work, but it is for data backups and moving around files

For pure DVD authoring, I give the Pioneer the edge. I also think it's about $20 cheaper then the Sony.

Gary
Videoguys.com

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]