FORUMS: list search recent posts

MyDVD and New Cendyne DVD +/-

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
machdoc
MyDVD and New Cendyne DVD +/-
on Jul 26, 2003 at 2:57:04 am

I have the new Multiformat burner from Cendyne. It is an NEC ND-1300A drive.

I created a DVD using MyDVD 4 and when I tried to "Burn" it to disk using MyDVD it failed miserably locking up my system.

I "burned" it to a folder and then used Nero Express to burn it to disk and that worked great.

Is that how I have to do it?

Anyone else with a similar problem or success burning from MyDVD to disk on this Cendyne multi-format burner?

There is no new update on the website. Cendyne did have a short blurb that says "Create the video to be played on your PC and then burn that file to the DVD"--so it seems they may be privy to this issue.

Thanks for any help.

Ron

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: MyDVD and New Cendyne DVD +/-
on Jul 27, 2003 at 4:30:33 am

Sonic has been somewhat slow in updating their products for the new DVD burners. You're stuck with building a DVD folder and burning the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders to the root directory of your "video DVD". Just make sure that you're creating a video DVD project in Nero, so it knows to put the files in the right places for your DVD player to recognize the disc as a video DVD.

Return to posts index

machdoc
on Aug 3, 2003 at 6:51:57 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Debugger2003
on Aug 25, 2003 at 3:41:21 pm

Hello to All. May I join the discussion with a similar problem? I also have SonicMyDVD. I prepared the DVD folders, but after that I got stuck. Because Sonic has no function to burn the DVD folders or rather the function is grayed out. So I decided to burn the folders using NERO and used the NERO data DVD function, but in this case the DVD player did not recognize the film. If I try to use the NERO DVD function then NERO refuses these folders. Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Aug 27, 2003 at 3:25:25 am

You have to select "Other DVD formats" and select "DVD-Video". Then copy the VIDEO_TS folders to the root directory of the DVD project. Nero will add the empty AUDIO_TS folder automatically.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]