FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creation and burning

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
luv2tape
Creation and burning
on Jul 25, 2003 at 10:54:53 pm

Hi. I am Dean and I am new here..... Ok enough of the AA intro..

The computer:

I am running a 2.4ghz XPpro machine with 512 RAM
My editing drive is a SCSI Ultra 160 drive
My storage drive is a 120 GIG Western Digital ata/100
Burner= lf-D311

The background.....
I have been editing video for a long time with Ulead video studio versions 4-7. The results I am after are "looks quite a bit better than VHS" not some super PRO "I wanna go to Hollywood" look.

The problem....problems I should say.
Everything was fine until just a few weeks ago.

Problem 1.

Certain scenes appear fine as an AVI. When converted to MPG2 either by TMPGenc of by DVD workshop, I get a wierd effect. It is almost as if frames are missing even though none are dropped (the motion seems weird)This is only on some scenes. The vast majority of the project appears fine both as AVI and as MPG. On top of that it also appears as if I placed the camera on a tripod that was sitting on a vibrating air conditioning unit or something. So there's two types of distortion.

The burner......
All of a sudden my NERO and DVD workshop would stop about 3/4 of the way through burning and eject the CD. I called all the support people and even went so far as to yank all the SCSI stuff out of my machine.

I have not made any changes to the machine. Everything is pretty much the same......

I was thinking that maybe I encoded those scenes differently when I rendered them as an AVI? Field A as opposed to frame-based or field B????

Could it be the DVD burner is all fogged up by my excessive smoking? At this point I simply do not know.......

Either way I have new hardware now and just bought the pioneer a05 which I will try as an attempt to isolate the problem.

Any replies/advice appreciated.

Dean

Grind hard drive, grind

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]