FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with TDK IndiDVD Drives?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
spidey373
Problems with TDK IndiDVD Drives?
on Jul 23, 2003 at 9:14:08 pm

I'm considering one of the new TDK IndiDVD multiformat drives (440N), and I'm curious if anyone has had any problems using them (especially with Sonic DVDit! SE). I've got a Dell Precision workstation (XP Pro, 2.4 Gig P4, Adobe Premiere, and Matrox X.10).

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Problems with TDK IndiDVD Drives?
on Jul 24, 2003 at 1:57:34 am

Unfortunately, Sonic hasn't updated their drive support in some time, so you won't be able to burn a DVD directly from DVDit. You will be able to create a DVD folder and use the burning app that came with your drive to burn the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders to the root directory of a video DVD project.

P.S. I test my DVD's navigation by playing the IFO file with Cineplayer from my hard drive. After I'm satisfied that the menus play correctly, then I'll burn the actual DVD.

Return to posts index

spiffydinosaur
on Aug 29, 2003 at 3:12:31 am

I have one and it works fine with Matrox RTX10 / DVDit SE. I have burnt DVD's OK. I haven't been real thrilled with the Roxio App that comes with the 440 but my sister likes it. But, she dosen't have RTX10 either. I'll probably upgrade the firm ware in my 440 to the latest version when I get a chance. It's suposeed to help with media compatability.

Spiffy

Return to posts index

RobertaZimmerman
on Sep 12, 2003 at 1:58:13 am

I'm also using the 440N and have used TMPGEnc DVD Author and Nero 6 with complete success.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]