FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pioneer DVR-A05 will not burn 4x speed, Help !!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nadjor
Pioneer DVR-A05 will not burn 4x speed, Help !!!
on Jul 17, 2003 at 2:07:26 am

I have installed the AO5 Drive and burned a project onto DVD but it took about 45 minutes to actually burn, after the 15-20 minutes build process. Not much faster than the AO4 I had. I thought the ads said this would only take 15 minutes. Any suggestions?

I have the drive on a secondary slave, set to cable select as to Dell recomendations.
Using Windows 2000.
Using ReelDVD software.

Are there specific driver's needed for the 4x burn process?

Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks,
Doug

Return to posts index

Nadjor
Re: Pioneer DVR-A05 will not burn 4x speed, Help !
on Jul 17, 2003 at 2:13:05 am

Oh, Yes I am using 4x Media!! With the Pioneer 4x DVD-R Media supplied with the drive. Burn time: About 45 minutes to burn a project that only took up 3/4 of the DVD.

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
on Jul 18, 2003 at 1:33:35 pm

i think i see the problem. for whatever reason, the pioneer drive needs to be set to the Secondary MASTER, and the jumper has to be set to MASTER not cable select. Forget what Dell says for now, and just try this out.

- Jon

Return to posts index

Nadjor
on Jul 18, 2003 at 9:40:45 pm

I have tried all three jumpers.

When it is set to master, my computer does not read the drive at all.

When it is set for slave or cable select, it will not burn at the 4x speed. I have tried to burn an image disc using Easy CD Creator and selecting 4x speed, but the drives actual burn speed showed it burning at 1x. I do have the latest firmware installed from the pioneer website that is listed under the A05.

When I look up the drive under Device Manager it shows DVR-105. Is this correct? The box says DVR-A05U.

I noticed on videoguys website there is a DVR-A06 and an DVR-106.
What is the difference?

Doug

Return to posts index

racerx135
on Jul 19, 2003 at 4:20:58 pm

I had the same problem. It seems that PowerDVD changed my Ide Controller to DMA bus master off. If you goto control panel and select System then Hardware, then Device manager and goto the DVD dRive or the IDE controller and be sure they are set DMA transfer mode are on.

Gary Pranzo
Media Impact

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]