FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG 2 files with DVDit

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
curbdawg
MPEG 2 files with DVDit
on Apr 21, 2003 at 5:42:48 pm

I'm using DVDit PE and I'm having trouble loading my media files in to the themes column to be used in the project. I did the MPEG encoding through AVID, but whenever I bring the MPEG file into the project, I get a message that says that I need a valid decoder on the system. I don't understand why thats coming up. I can play the MPEG file with no problems from the desktop, in windows media player, or through CinePlayer, so there has to be MPEG decoders at work there.
Let me know if anyone has had a similar problem, and/or knows of a solution.

Return to posts index

newguy
Re: MPEG 2 files with DVDit
on Apr 28, 2003 at 3:03:26 am

Hi,
this is a big problem people have (including me). I have solved it by downloading a new upgrade patch and problem solve, but I don't use DVDit! anymore; I only used it for 2 dvds and that's it, enough to say "bye bye" :) . It's a real pain to authoring DVD with DVDit!. :)

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: MPEG 2 files with DVDit
on Apr 30, 2003 at 4:12:00 am

DVDit really likes elementary files, i.e. separate video and audio. Your video should be MPEG2 IBP with standard formatting for DVD, i.e. an m2v file. Your audio should be a 48 KHz 16 bit stereo WAV file. If you feed it a multiplexed file, it often has trouble figuring out what to do with it. If you do get it to accept it, it will waste time and disk space demultiplexing everything before building the DVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]