FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Burner & Authoring Software

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bird
DVD Burner & Authoring Software
on Mar 28, 2003 at 1:57:36 am

I'm taking the plunge....need some suggestions/recc's.

I'm having a new pc system built and am still trying to determine which DVD burner to purchase AND which authoring software.

I'm leaning towards the Sony DRU model of DVD burner, simply because of the ability to record to "all" formats. I've read that DVDit! is a good product for authoring but have also heard that the authoring software that is now a part of Vegas Video 4 is good, too.

My anticipated uses for DVD are 1.)Archiving footage 2.)Archiving computer files 3.)Creating presentations on DVD

I realize that "one size fits all" does not exist, but I'm hoping to achieve a happy medium, so to speak...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

David

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: DVD Burner & Authoring Software
on Mar 28, 2003 at 1:10:51 pm

How much experience do you have and which features are important to you?

Return to posts index

David Bird
Re: DVD Burner & Authoring Software
on Mar 28, 2003 at 2:08:12 pm

As respects shooting and video editing,about a year... graphics (print and internet, photoshop, etc), and presentations, about 8 years. As respects DVD burning and software, zip, nada, zero.

Features...hummm....from the authoring side, I need to be able to set up "button" to link to various topics, play, and pause while the speaker emphasizes the key points, and then move on...

Hardware features....to be totally honest, I'm floundering a bit. I have a standalone Panasonic DVD recorder/player (DMR T2020) that I use to archive footage. I cannot, however, burn DVDs for computer file storage...no firewire, just y/c and composite inputs and outputs.

That's about it.....

Thanks - David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]