FORUMS: list search recent posts

Win XP crashes when encoding mpeg in premiere 6.5

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nathan
Win XP crashes when encoding mpeg in premiere 6.5
on Mar 12, 2003 at 10:45:47 pm

I have been trying to solve a growing problem relating to WIN XP crashes when trying to encode MPEG in premiere 6.5. The adobe plug in starts toi encode no problem then at roughly the same point it crashes. Most of the time the PC automatically shuts down and restarts and produces a standard error message relating to premiere. It also crashes when encoding using my pinnacle Mpeg 2 option (DV500 is my card). Also tried encoding with standalone encoders and still the same crashes and shut downs ???
I have tried reinstalling windows and all upto date drivers, I have DV500 drivers version 4.5. My graphics card is Ultra TNT2. 1800XP with 512mb DDR ram...
Pinnacle support were no help and neither was adobe. There are many similar reports on the adobe web site and talk of adding a entry into the prem 60 file. I have tried this but does not solve the problem. They say there could be a conflict with the codecs and adding the override makes sure the adobe codecs are used first ?>??

please help I am at my witts end, with weddings backing up

cheers

Return to posts index

quadcells
Re: Win XP crashes when encoding mpeg in premiere
on Mar 13, 2003 at 12:05:45 pm

Hi,
I have the DV500 4.5 drivers and Premiere 6.5 too.
Did you put in the lastest patch for the DV500 4.5 drivers?
What driver ver are you using for the Ultra TNT2?
What MOBO are you using?
Did you try to remove or rename the prem60 file?

-quadcells

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Mar 13, 2003 at 3:29:44 pm

Does the video freeze and stop encoding at the exact same place? If so there's a problem with the video and you will probably have to figure out exactly where its freezing and remove that frame. It might freeze on other frames after that so you might have to do the same thing untill you project gets rendered to the end successfully. Its a very tedius annoying task, but if the video is very important, it is worth it. I've only had to do this once, and since then everythings worked fine for me. Good Luck!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

nathan
on Mar 13, 2003 at 3:59:27 pm

I have just patched the 4.5 driver and testing now. Where you getting the same problems with crashing ?
It seems to also crash other standalone encoders ?? does this new patch solve the problem, do you know why it freezes/ crashes in the first place.
My drivers for the TNT2 ultra are 4.1.0.9 from Nvadia
my MOBO is K7 MSI ultra running on 1800XP with 512DDR ram.

Well my test has just failed 5 minutes into encoding crashed with windows error.

any other idea`s.

Return to posts index

quadcells
on Mar 13, 2003 at 4:48:54 pm

Hi,
Did you remove the prem60 file?

Return to posts index

nathan
on Mar 13, 2003 at 11:08:21 pm

yes I deleted the prem 60 file and turned the one notch down on my video card. I then tried to encode the same video. This time I got to 60minutes before it crashed. Before it was crashing between 5 and 25 mins into the encode. This happens with prem 6.5 adobe encoder and also the export pinnacle mpeg 2 DVD settings ??

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Mar 14, 2003 at 3:41:10 am

Hi there
Is your computer adequatley cooled? Encoding is very hard on the processor and causes alot of heat as it is constantly processing. If you computer is not adequatley cooled this could cause the computer to crash. (just a thought)
Good luck, hope you find a solution soon!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]