FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to label a DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dmurray
Trying to label a DVD
on Mar 12, 2003 at 3:11:39 pm

Hi people!
I have found that paper labels do not work well on my DVD-Rs.
On first play all OK. Then,
If I play and play a certain segment the image freezes.
Has anyone got any advise?
Thanks, D

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Trying to label a DVD
on Mar 12, 2003 at 9:57:53 pm

Hi there
I heard that putting labels on DVD's isn't recommended as they spin much faster than CD's and the labels can come off easier for one thing and if the label is slightly heavier on one side it makes it more difficult to play. Due to the faster spinning it causes greater heat and the labels glue melts easier causing the labels fall off easier. For best playback it is recommended to not use labels, just a marker (although it doesn't look as professional, you'll have better playback). Good luck with your DVD's
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

dmurray
on Mar 13, 2003 at 12:45:13 am

Thanks, Brent!

I have heard of anti-wobble DVD-R labels? They are real thin etc... Any input?

Also,
I was thinking of getting an inkjet printer (for printable DVD's of course). Do you have any news on how good they are and how good the printed lables look?

Once again, thanks for your input so far. I guess we're all pioneers!
D

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Mar 13, 2003 at 3:36:15 pm

Hi there
Thats cool, nope never heard of anti-wobble DVD-r labels, but I have now. Well I would definatley go for those over regular DVD labels and test them out. What I would recommend is trying them out, but not on a dvd thats too importand, just in case. Inkjet printers can do a nice job. I was making a backup copy of my favorite cd and scanned the cd label into my computer and then printed it out on a label for my cd-r and it looked surprisingly great. It was even a little tough figuring out which was the original. If you try out those anti wobble DVD-r's let me know how they work, I'm gonna try to find a place that sells them around here and do the same. Happy burning!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

newguy
on Mar 14, 2003 at 1:23:04 pm

"On first play all OK. Then,
If I play and play a certain segment the image freezes"

It's is not the label problem. It is your DVD player problem. A lot of Apex and Panasonic models have this problem .

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
on Mar 14, 2003 at 3:35:09 pm

YOu can get the anti-wobble labels at http://www.CDR4less.com, they are very thin and can only be used with inkjet printers NOT lasers. I now use them on all my CD-R and DVD-R's.

RonE

Return to posts index

John Q
on Mar 17, 2003 at 6:05:06 am

My sister's DVD player didn't like the variable bitrate (vbr) DVD's I created, freezing periodically, but it had no problem with constant bitrate (cbr) DVD's I encoded.

Return to posts index

krogers
on Oct 10, 2005 at 4:05:18 am

Let's say for a minute that the anti wobble labels work.........What about the glue.......I've heard that over a period of time as the DVD or CD spins the glue will heat up and in time render you disk useless.......

Return to posts index

receipt779
Voice
on Oct 10, 2005 at 4:19:38 pm

YOu can get the anti-wobble labels at

You sound rather stressed. Surprised )

Return to posts index

howson
Printable DVDs
on Feb 25, 2006 at 9:21:14 pm

I bought an Epson Stylus Photo R800 and use it to print directly to FujiFilm DVD-R printable discs (white surface with the printable hub). I made a template in Photoshop and I get perfect prints on each disc.

The actual print quality is not as vivid as the same image printed to photo paper using the same printer, but that's understandable. Regardless, I've found this to be far superior to labels.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]