FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flutter & flicker in DVD burn?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mr H
Flutter & flicker in DVD burn?
by
on Mar 11, 2003 at 5:32:46 pm

Are there adjustments that can be made somewhere in the DVD authoring and burning process that can fix flicker and ghosting in the final product?

The DVD project plays fine on the burner deck, but when viewed on various DVD players there is a problem with any on-screen motion wanting to flicker/oscillate.

Video with little or no motion is fine, but action video, camera pans and moving graphics are blurred or jumpy.

What needs adjusting? Or is this expected when "homemade" DVDs are played on other playback decks?

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Flutter & flicker in DVD burn?
on Mar 12, 2003 at 1:39:40 am

What are your encoding settings, specifically do you have the frame type set as "frame based"?

Return to posts index

Mr H
by
on Mar 14, 2003 at 9:47:30 pm

Sorry to sound stupid, but where (during which step) do I have the opportunity to set frame type? When converting my AVI timeline (Premiere) to MP2 (Export Timeline Movie), the only control panel that comes up concerns data rate and GOP structure in TurboMPEG Codec controls.

Do you mean all the way back at the capture process before editing video, or during conversion to MP2, or after authoring before DVD burn?

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Mar 15, 2003 at 2:20:14 am

I am not familiar with Premiere, but in Media Studio Pro 6.5 it is in one of the settings in Mpeg/NTSC DVD output templates.

I would suggest looking in you help files or manual for "frame based", "field order A" or "field order B".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]