FORUMS: list search recent posts

Greater than 9.8 Mbps problem! How do I correct?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mr H
Greater than 9.8 Mbps problem! How do I correct?
by
on Mar 9, 2003 at 7:54:09 pm

Attempting to burn my first DVD using Pinnacle Pro-ONE RTDV and Impressions SE. When I utilize the "make DVD" tool in Impressions, I get a warning that "One of the video assets is greater that 9.8 Mbps. This may result in poor playback."

In fact, it won't even try to build the DVD file at all.

My video clips were edited in Premiere/Pro-ONE as AVI files, then converted to MP2 files using the Pinnacle tools specifically for DVD preparation. So why didn't it demand the proper data rate?

What do I do to fix this problem??????

Thanks
Mr H

Return to posts index

WTS
Re: Greater than 9.8 Mbps problem! How do I corre
by
on Mar 10, 2003 at 12:46:36 am

It would help if you could tell us what settings you used to encode your video files (bitrate for one).

Sometimes an encoder will put a 'spike' in the video encode stream that will put it over the top/limit for dvd specs, resulting in the entire file not being accepted by the dvd authoring application. If you have several clips and don't know which one is the culprit, you can try deleting the clips one by one and start building a disc until the error message goes away (telling you that you finally eliminated the problem file). If there is more than one file that in non-compliant, then it gets a bit trickier with this trial and error method. Once you have isolated the file, you can try encoding that particular clip at a lower bitrate and see if it helps.

You can also download the freeware version of Bitrate Viewer to look at each of your elementary video streams to find the possible spike:

http://www.tecoltd.com/bitratev.htm

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]