FORUMS: list search recent posts

HOW TO MAKE DVD WITH MPEG-2 FILE

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jameslpc
HOW TO MAKE DVD WITH MPEG-2 FILE
on Mar 7, 2003 at 5:24:38 pm

Grateful if some one can tell me how to burn DVD with MPEG-2 file.
I have Pioneer AV-04 DVD-writer and Nero Ver 5.5.8.1.

I have burnt DVD directly using Pinnacle Studio 8 but have not figured how to use MPEG-2 file to create DVD.

Return to posts index

newguy
Re: HOW TO MAKE DVD WITH MPEG-2 FILE
on Mar 8, 2003 at 5:04:45 pm

Hi,
you cannot burn mpeg file directly with nero and play with dvd player.
You need authoring before burnning.
I believe you have something like DVDit! or MyDVD software when you buy the pioneer burner.
otherwise, visit
http://www.dvdit.com/

take care

Return to posts index

jameslpc
on Mar 9, 2003 at 4:11:08 am

Thanks newguy, actually I have been burning DVD using different programs like Pinnacle Studio 8, Express as well as PowerDirector all however using avi files. I was under the impression you can simply drop MPEG-2 file in Nero to burn DVD in similar fashion as making VCD where you drag the MPEG-1 file.

I am however still curious how one can burn DVD video using Nero. In the make DVD dialog in Nero, there are two folders Audio_TS and Video_TS, what needs to be done with them to make DVD ?

Apprecaiate any advice I can get.

Return to posts index

newguy
on Mar 9, 2003 at 11:34:10 pm

Hi,
yes you can burn DVD with nero if you have AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.
Audio_TS folder is empty, What in VIDEO_TS folder are not mpeg files but vob and info . dvd authoring application make those two folders.
You can just simply drag mpeg file and burn with nero like vcd but you cannot play that dvd with set top dvd players.

Return to posts index

jameslpc
on Mar 10, 2003 at 4:03:36 pm

Newguy, I am afraid I am not quite there yet.
With studio 8 by burning to hard-disk a folder called "video_ts" was created among others. In this folder quite a number of files are present ; anchor, video_ts.vob, vts_01_0.ifo, video_ts_.bup, volume, vts_01_1.vob, video_ts_ifo, vts_01_0.bup. The questions is which files to be dragged into Nero to make DVD. So far I have tried dragging all the files into Nero "video_ts" and the resultant DVD disc wouldnt play. Similarly for the DVD created with only vts_01_1.vob and vts_01_0.ifo files. What have I done wrong ?
More advice please, hopefully I will get there eventually.
Thanks and much appreciate yr patience.

Return to posts index

newguy
on Mar 11, 2003 at 2:17:18 am

Hi,
when you have two folder (VIDEO_TS, AUDIO_TS), you only need to drag 2 folders into project and click burn. This should be ok.
Nero is not a good tool to burn DVD, yes it is the best for CD-R but not for DVD, a lot of people have compatibility problem when using nero for dvd.
try other burning tools, more easier to use and more compatibity products.
go to dvdrhelp.com in authoring and burning section, will show you from a to z, and also comments about tools. Some are free, and trial available. You should try it before deciding which would like to buy.

Return to posts index

quadcells
on Mar 13, 2003 at 12:13:26 pm

Hi,
Just to add my 2 cents;
When I "Make DVD Folder" in DVDit PE I hold down the "Ctrl" key as I click the "Ok" button to make a "Image" file and then use "Stomp" "Record Now" to burn the image to a DVD.
"Record Now" works great.

Return to posts index

stomper
on May 6, 2003 at 10:48:21 pm

Apparently nero now do an mpeg2/dvd encoder which you can load into your existing nero software

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]