FORUMS: list search recent posts

Impressions problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RKash
Impressions problem
on Mar 2, 2003 at 7:25:40 pm

I have Impressions Pro, which i switched to from DVDit cause I couldnt figure out how to put audio into the menu's. (anyone know how to do that?) Anyways, I like Impressions and made my main menu in photoshop all separate layers. So when I imported it, all the layers came in separately which is what i wanted so i that each layer could be a respective button. So then, when I finished and burned the DVD and played it on my player, it all worked EXCEPT the buttons weren't there. They hilited where they should be and were properly functional, but no picture. Also it cut off the first few seconds of one of my links, but not the others. Any ideas or help? Thanks.

Return to posts index

RRLech
Re: Impressions problem
on Mar 3, 2003 at 8:50:04 pm

You might check to see that all of the layers were visible when you saved the Adobe Photoshop file. I made the mistake of leaving certain layers hidden when I saved the file, and when I tried to use the file as a menu in Impressions, it didn't operate correctly.

Another suggestion is to test the menu in Impressions before burning.

Good luck.

Rob

Return to posts index

pjpfuchs
Re: Impressions problem
on Mar 6, 2003 at 5:12:31 am

I know that we all hate wasting blank DVD-R's (and DVD-RW's don't play in every set-top DVD player) but when you're stuck a good idea is to take sample menus & movies provided by Pinnacle and burn them to DVD. If this works and yours doesn't, try to spot the difference.

Of course you may want to compare all layers in Photoshop between your menu and a menu sample from Pinnacle. Make sure all layers are visible before saving and respect the layer order, Palette, background, (#)Button1, (^)Button1, etc.

If what you're trying to do is a motion menu, that's a different game! The current version of Impression drops your button background, so the only way to do it is to superimpose it to your movie in Premiere and make the buttons part of the movie. This issue is well documented on Pinnacle support web site.

Good luck!
JP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]