FORUMS: list search recent posts

ReelDVD Question

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
newguy
ReelDVD Question
on Jan 26, 2003 at 1:43:11 pm

Hello all,
I just got ReelDVD and get my first two video DVD-R. movies are very good, but I have a little problem on display.
When I play on the stand alone player, the timeline only disply "PLAY" intead of number of title, chapter....
can anyone help me get around this, I want the number like other authoring software.
thanks

Return to posts index

WTS
Re: ReelDVD Question
by
on Jan 26, 2003 at 3:37:39 pm

That's a limitation of ReelDVD. To be able to see chapter and timecode display on a set top player, you can have only one sequential PGC(program chain) in a title set. Hollywood dvd's have separate title sets for menus, main movie, extras, etc; and because of that you can have accurate timecode/chapter display. ReelDVD is limited to a single title set--everything, including menus, have to be put into that one container. Because of that, timecode and chapters won't display on most set top players. Impression puts menus into a different title set and SpruceUp (now gone) could also do the same, and that's why you could get it to work with these programs.

Jim

Return to posts index

newguy
on Jan 26, 2003 at 5:40:36 pm

Hi Jim,
thank you for replying.
So is there any way that I can get the timecode display properly with ReelDVD ?
I don't know if it is possible to put menu and video into "one container".
If yes could you please tell steps.
I only need a simple still menu + 1 mpeg file movie and 2 audio channels for it.
thanks

Return to posts index

WTS
by
on Jan 27, 2003 at 3:56:32 am

The only way you can do it with ReelDVD is to have a single item--in this case would be your video. You can have your video as the only asset on ReelDVD's storyboard, set all your chapter points and don't link 'next' on your movie asset to anything, not even back onto itself, to work. Since it is the only asset, it will be by default 'first play' and will start automatically when you put in your dvd. You can jump to the chapter marks, you just can't have a menu. Time code and chapters will all display properly on most, if not all, set top players. Obviously the limitation here is the lack of a menu. If you have even a simple menu, or link the 'next' of your movie asset back onto itself--you would not have a single PGC and hence won't see the timecode and chapter display as you would like.

Jim

Return to posts index

videoblaze
on Jan 31, 2003 at 3:44:05 am

I agree with WTS, this is one area where Impression is little better. I still haven't found 'the one' authoring tool, all seem to have plusses and some serious weaknesses.

Return to posts index

newguy
on Feb 2, 2003 at 3:16:03 pm

Hi,
thanks for replying. I guess I give up with ReelDVD. Wish to know about this before, but it's too late now Sad Cool

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]