FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is separate stand alone DVD reader required?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lumock
Is separate stand alone DVD reader required?
on Jan 23, 2003 at 3:26:48 am

I am about to order a DVD burner (my conundrum: Pioneer DVR A05 or Sony DrU 500A). When is it necessary or advantageous to have an additional stand alone DVD reader? I will be duplicating DVDs

TIA

Return to posts index

jgayman
Re: Is seperate stand alone DVD reader required?
on Jan 23, 2003 at 4:58:42 pm

You didn't mention what you'll be using the burner for. I assume to make video DVD's. A stand-alone player connected to the TV comes in handy to check the final product for compatibility and things like alignment, overscan, etc.

Return to posts index

Lumock
Re: Is separate stand alone DVD reader required?
on Jan 23, 2003 at 11:29:44 pm

I was referring to a separate 'PC' DVD reader/player. Would one be necessary to make duplicate or to copy DVDs?

TIA

Return to posts index

jgayman
on Jan 24, 2003 at 2:46:43 am

Hmmm... (sorry) :-) I was wondering this myself. None of the applications I have come across seem to support simple copying. They all work from an ISO image. I would have liked Roxio to have included a DVD copier much like the CD copier function. I'm not interested in copying commercial releases, only in making additional copies of my own authored DVD's.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Jan 24, 2003 at 4:36:59 am

My A03 came with Prassi PrimoDVD. I also have Nero. Both support DVD copying from the DVD burner to the hard drive and back to the DVD burner, so a DVD-ROM drive is not necessary.

Return to posts index

Lumock
on Jan 24, 2003 at 5:06:40 am

Thanx John Q,
I'm just a DVD neo-phyte but I'm slowly getting it together.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]