FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV500DVD exporting streams from Prem 6.0

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beardybuck
DV500DVD exporting streams from Prem 6.0
on Jan 20, 2003 at 10:15:50 am

Hi from Belfast - I'm new to the forums and the world of realtime editing.

I have purchased the Pinnacle DV500DVD, and I am on a steep learning curve with prem 6, having only used entry level software before.
I have just exported a 30 min home movie from the timelime into DVD-PAL format, and was impressed with the spped of the conversion from DV. But I have not been able to find a way to export MPEG2 as a "program stream" I believe it is called - where the audio+vid are one file.

"why" you probably ask? Well I already have Ulead DVD authoring progs, that don't seem to recognise the seperate streams, and the light version of Impressions is a nightmare, and I dont have the cash for the full version of impresiions, or any of sonic's products.

I looked around the forums and saw someone talk about "muxing" the files together - is this time consuming? and what software do you need? If it takes a while it kinda defeats my purpose in having a realtime editor etc.

ALso - I think the answer is probably no - can you use the hardware cpabilities of the DV500DVD with any other editing/conversion software?

Thanks for ANY replies, as I know newbies can be a pain.

Wink

Return to posts index

jgayman
Re: DV500DVD exporting streams from Prem 6.0
on Jan 20, 2003 at 4:59:11 pm

Are you using Premiere 6.0 or 6.5 ? 6.5 includes the excellent Main Concept MPEG-2 encoder which for me has been working wonders. It also comes bundled with DVDit LE (on this side of the pond anyway).

I'm kind of new to this MPEG stuff also. I think when the audio and video are muxed together it is a System Stream as opposed to Elementary Streams which create the M2V and WAV. This is all easily accomplished in Premiere 6.5 and well worth the $149 upgrade from 6.x.

I wouldn't get too excited about Pinnacle Impressions. I unfortunately purchased Impressions Pro with my DVD burner bundle. My opinion is the program is horrible. It is the most non-intuitive authoring package I've ever used, a total waste of money for me. Don't get me wrong, the program works but building menus and interesting buttons is like rocket science. Since then I have tried MyDVD, DVD Workshop and DVDit. I found the Sonic products the easiest to use. I recently purchased DVDit PE which is very easy to use and does Dolby Digital audio as well. I'm very happy with it. And to think I could have gotten DVDit with my burner bundle for the same price.... I've since removed Impressions from my PC and it's a faint memory now... what a waste of money (live and learn).

-- John

Return to posts index

beardybuck
on Jan 21, 2003 at 8:58:47 am

I am using 6.0 , I'll maybe upgrade to 6.5.

Is the mainconcept mpeg2 plugin software only? Or can it utilise the hardware capabilities of my DV500DV? I hope so, as I am kinda stuck as to what to do about authoring software, I got hold of an OEM copy of DVDit PE from a m8 and it seems only recognise program streams as well, rather then seperate video and audio files.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

jgayman
on Jan 21, 2003 at 4:44:30 pm

I cannot answer your question about the MainConcept decoder. I do not have a hardware card. The OEM version of DVDit must be limited as the full version I have supports Program Streams, Elementary Streams and straight AVI files.

I normally import M2V and WAV files produced by Premiere and then let DVDit encode the audio to AC3.

- John

Return to posts index

newguy
on Jan 26, 2003 at 1:24:40 pm

""why" you probably ask? Well I already have Ulead DVD authoring progs, that don't seem to recognise the seperate streams, and the light version of Impressions is a nightmare, and I dont have the cash for the full version of impresiions, or any of sonic's products.

I looked around the forums and saw someone talk about "muxing" the files together - is this time consuming? and what software do you need? "

Hi,
the dvd workshop 1.3 accept seperate streams.
"muxing" is not taking a lot of time, just a few minute for the whole DVD.
TMPGEnc is very easy to use and also cheap (you can use trial version for 30 days)
take care.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]