FORUMS: list search recent posts

Impression SE

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alwayslearning
Impression SE
on Jan 16, 2003 at 1:32:45 am

I am just getting going on authoring/burning DVD's. (started to half a year ago but it was necessary to put it on the back burner for a bit. Now I'm starting over.)

I bought the Pinnacle DV500Plus which came bundled with Impression SE. I got the 2.2.1 ver.

I generated a mpeg-2 file with Premiere 6.5 and imported it to Impression. In Photoshop 7.0, I created a menu page and imported that.

Placing all on the timeline, I went along the timeline and in certain places I right clicked and selected "insert chapter". I made 10 chapters this way. I dragged the chapter markers down to the appropriate menu buttons.
All was well. I could click on the menu buttons and go to the place I intended in the movie. (34 minutes long)
I was pretty excited to get it on a DVD and see it work in my player. Well, I selected "tools", "create DVD". In the window I tried to compile (?) and it looked like it was working at first, but then I got a error. I think it said "this version cannot recognize chapters" or something like that. :(
So, am I to suppose that they gave me software that will do all of the above, but not make a DVD in the end? I hope I am just doing something wrong?

Thoughts? AlwaysLearning

p.s. anyone have any thoughts on my question in the "Impression SE audio/video sync" thread?

Thanks...

Return to posts index

WTS
Re: Impression SE
by
on Jan 17, 2003 at 12:55:18 am

Impression SE will allow you to create chapters from within Impression and link them to buttons--and the links will be preserved if you project was small enough to fit onto a CD. It will not support chapter linking to buttons on menus for DVD creation--you need to upgrade to the Pro version to get this functionality.

Jim

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
Re: Impression SE
on Jan 17, 2003 at 4:19:38 am

I just asked for your input Jim on the other thread I started and asked you to reply here if you had a thought on it.
You beat me to it! :)

thanks.... AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]