FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Advice On DVD Authoring Software

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Browne
Need Advice On DVD Authoring Software
on Jan 9, 2003 at 12:13:40 am

After hearing about how badly the MyDVD software is, I bought Dazzle's CompleteDVD. I like the interface, its relatively easy to use but it took me 6 friggin hours to burn a 68 minute DVD with an A05. I was using 2x media so I figured it would take about 30 minutes.

Wassup with that? Any thoughts or recommendations.

I am running a 1.7ghz PC
512 mb ram
2 HDD (40 and 100)
Mp2 files made with Premiere 6.5 using Pinnacle DVD codec

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Need Advice On DVD Authoring Software
on Jan 13, 2003 at 2:42:10 pm

Hi there
Yikes thats a long time to burn that. Hmm I'm not too fermiliar with Dazzle's CompleteDVD but perhaps for some reason it was trying to encode the format to to some other MPEG2 format cause it shouldn't take 6 hours to burn a 68 minute DVD. I use DVDit and also encode my files in Premiere 6.5 to Mp2 and have no trouble burning DVD's. I have burned 20 minutes of video on DVD-rw (2x) in about 15-20 minutes. I'd take a look in the Complete DVD manual and see what type of files it accepts. Also try downloading the newest drivers for the program, perhaps the A05 drivers are not specifically in the software program yet and its using drivers for a similar drive to burn. Or another possibility is that you might be using generic media that is supposed to write up to 2x but is not totally compatible with the A05 so it is writing at 1x (i know this happens sometimes, depending upon the brand, pioneer and maxell DVD media shouldn't have this problem, although even writing at 1x I don't think it should take that long) Well good luck, hope you get things burning quicker.
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
Re: Need Advice On DVD Authoring Software
on Jan 13, 2003 at 7:13:35 pm

IT obviously reencoded the file at high quality. You need to import a file to DVD COmplete that is already a valid DVD file. Further make sure that the project settings in DVD COmplete define the same audio ( LPCM or MPGL2 ) or it will re-encode the audio as well. USe the wizard to create a new project and follow the instructions. For a 65 min movie file encoded in Premiere at high quality will take 1 and 2 hours. IMport into DVD COmplete and it will create a small support file in about 3 or 4 mins. Author ( your time ) creat DVD image maybe 15 mins and burn ( this depends on file size not movie time length) If you used 1G it will burn on DVD-R in 15 mins. As a guide I just burned a 2.8G file in about 35 mins on my A04. DVD Complete is very quick and easy once you get used to the limited control you have. Ulead DVD Workshop is very similar but has a lot more control but consequently more difficult to creat fast DVD's especially to create nice buttons from the video quickly.

Ron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]