FORUMS: list search recent posts

Placement of DVD recorder?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
buckeyerock
Placement of DVD recorder?
on Dec 26, 2002 at 6:36:40 pm

My A05 should be arriving any day. I was wondering what is the preferred placement of the recorder.

I have two hard drives currently configured as primary/master and secondary/master with a CD-R configured as the primary slave.

I also have a DVD-ROM device I was going to use when I install the DVD recorder (and remove the CD-R).

Any advice on the optimum configuration?

Thanks

Return to posts index

jgayman
Re: Placement of DVD recorder?
on Dec 26, 2002 at 8:35:27 pm

I would recommend placing both hard disks on the same channel as Master/Slave. I would also recommend that you keep your current CD-RW and configure it as a Master/Slave with your A05. This should give you good performance and flexibility. I would continue to use your current CD-RW for CD burning. There's really no need for a DVD-ROM since you have the A05.

I'm using this exact configuration with a Dell 8200 and it has been working flawless:

IDE1: 80GB Disk ---> 120GB Disk
IDE2: A05 ---> CD-RW

I took the DVD-ROM that came with my Dell and put it in my old PC to give me yet another place to read data DVD-R's and test video DVD's.

- John

Return to posts index

buckeyerock
on Dec 26, 2002 at 9:17:36 pm

Thanks for your response.

The only reason for replacing my CD-R with the DVD-ROM was to copy DVDs directly from one disc to the blank.

Do you dump you video to your harddrive first? How is that working out?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

jgayman
on Dec 28, 2002 at 5:18:48 pm

Ahh... that would be a good reason for keeping the DVD-ROM. I haven't had the need to copy any of my homemade DVD's yet. I'm not quite sure how I would do it. Roxio doesn't seem to have a "Copy DVD-R" function that I can find.

My technique so far as been to burn a DVD-RW directly from MyDVD or DVDit and once everything looks the way I want then I re-export the project to a DVD-R.

I kept my CD-RW because I didn't want to use my A05 for burning anything other than DVD's unless I had to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]