FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-RW's

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ciabt
DVD-RW's
on Dec 23, 2002 at 10:35:18 pm

Hi there I just got my pioneer A05 DVD burner and am creating a DVD. I wanted to burn it to DVD-RW first to test it and make sure all my menue's work and it actually plays. Then I wanted to burn it to DVD-R. I was wondering if I burn it to DVD-RW and watch it and everything works fine, can I then erase the DVD-RW after and use it again, or is it like CD-rw and once there is audio you have to close the cd in order to listen/watch it and won't be able to use it again? Thanks so much for your time and advice, just don't wanna waste my DVD-RW, don't have much cash untill after christmas to buy another one.
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

izwood
Re: DVD-RW's
on Dec 24, 2002 at 1:13:35 am

It can be erased and used again. You are wise in using this method to test your product before using the DVD-R which is a one time only and wasted if it doesn't come out right.

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Dec 24, 2002 at 5:58:36 pm

Hi there izwood
thanks for your advice, I really apreciate it!
Thanks and happy hollidays!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

jgayman
on Dec 25, 2002 at 3:43:27 pm

What method are you using to create the DVD-RW ? It seems most authoring programs are designed to go to DVD-R. My guess is you choose the option to write the DVD to a "directory" and then manually copy it to the DVD-RW. However, there seems to be some confusion over exactly what files/directories need to then be copied to the DVD-RW in order to play on a stand-alone player. I tried one which played fine on PowerDVD so I copied all the files to a DVD-R but the DVD-R wouldn't work on a stand-alone player. If I let the authoring program create the DVD-R everything works fine. So obviously I didn't have all the files/directories in the right order or named properly.

To really successfully use the DVD-RW method you need a player which reads DVD-RW as the example above shows the PC DVD players are a bit more tolerant of the disk structure than is a stand-alone player.

- John

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Dec 30, 2002 at 1:06:46 pm

Hi there John
THanks for your advice! I managed to successfully create a DVD-RW and DVD-R using DVDit. I do have a Sony stand alone player and it does play DVD-RW and DVD-R witch is a nice feature as it allows me to correct any problems with the safe title area and see what it will look like on my TV before I burn to DVD-R.
Thanks for your time!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]