FORUMS: list search recent posts

WRITTING DATA

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
angelesc
WRITTING DATA
on Dec 22, 2002 at 5:48:26 am

I am an amateur videographer, and because of low budgete I can
only have one system for almost everything, I am planning to upgrade My cd-RW drive to a DVD recordable one but as many people I
am still confused with all the terminology. I do understand however
that dvd-ram is the better option working as a removable storage, but with the great disadventage of been almost unusable for other purposes. Does the new pioneer A05 have the capability of write data besides of writting video, that would be excellent for me?
thanks a lot for your answer
ANgelesc

Return to posts index

jgayman
Re: WRITTING DATA
on Dec 25, 2002 at 3:52:06 pm

I am like you... I use one system for everything. I just purchased the Pioneer A05 a few weeks ago. I'm using it with XP and it works just fine for data and video. I recommend simply using DVD-R's for data that you want to save. They are very inexpensive (~$2.50-$3.00 ea for 4.7GB) and can be written with the latest version of Roxio Easy CD Creator. If your using Roxio, there is a free update on their site for ver 5.3 which now supports DVD-R and works great with the A05.

I'm not familiar with DVD-RAM but one nice thing about using DVD-R for data is it will read in virtually all PC DVD-ROM drives. I have a laptop and an older PC both which have a DVD-ROM and they all read my data DVD-R's. So it makes it very nice for archiving data that you want to share among PC's.

I've had good luck with using DVD-RW for data as well but find the DVD-RW will only read in the A05... not in other PC's DVD-ROM. Not sure if this is normal and I haven't spent much time troubleshooting. I only intend to use DVD-RW for testing authored video DVD's prior to the final burn to DVD-R.

Hope this helps.

- John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]