FORUMS: list search recent posts

Isn't It Time For An All Inclusive Solution ?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ProDVD_Authoring
Isn't It Time For An All Inclusive Solution ?
on Dec 18, 2002 at 9:07:53 pm

Fellow DVD Authorers:
Perhaps this may seem like a rather redundant question, but why has there not been an all inclusive real time C O M P L E T E DVD authoring solution which will allow a DVD creator to use a device which will handle all three steps of the DVD creation process at once ? I know we now have table top DVD recorders, but why not take it a few steps further and have a device which will also let the user design their own splash screens and intricate buttons ?
I would propose such a device to have not only a smart card reader in it, but perhaps an LS-120 MB floppy drive which can read elaborate JEPEG and Bitmap or TIFF files. One could then import those files into the recording session. Possibly, the Table Top Recorder could also read data CD Roms which could hold those extra image and audio files required for fancy menu creation ? How about being able to capture full video and audio sequences which could be programmed from the front panel to be written to the disc in such a way that they would auto play for a few seconds once the completed disk is inserted into any table top player as a production logo or short sequence commercial then switch to the user's programmed splash screen ? I suppose such a device would have to incorporate a 40 Gig hard drive like the Panasonic HS2 DVD Ram/DVD R table top recorder has, but also be able to record on DVD RW discs like the Pioneer DVR 7000 or PRV 9000 can ? This solution MUST be able to allow user setable encoding bit rates in THE DVD VIDEO MODE as well as in the VR mode and be a high quality Veriable Bit Rate encoder NOT a CBR one !
This device would also have RS - 422 computer Non Linear SMPTE Time Code Editing Deck Control and be fully 4: 2: 2: video ready with COMPONENT INPUTS as well as outputs.
The unit would record DVD RAM, DVD R, DVD RW, Record DVD quality video on a CD R/RW as well. Imagine the possibilities of such a device ??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]