FORUMS: list search recent posts

encoding time

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles
encoding time
on Dec 13, 2002 at 2:03:26 pm

How long does it take for the new pioneer Ao5 dvd burner, to encode an avi file to mpeg 2 for DVD authoring? Knowing that it takes just 15 minutes to burn the mpeg 2 file to dvd standard.does it also support burning DIVX files too?

Charles King
Http://homebuiltstabilizers.com

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: encoding time
on Dec 13, 2002 at 4:07:44 pm

the burner has nothing to do w/ the encoding process just the burning process. what software are you using to encode to these formats?

- Jon

Return to posts index

Charles
on Dec 13, 2002 at 4:19:23 pm

I have no burner at the moment and was thinking of purchasing the Pioneer's new burner. Okay then, the software that comes with the burner; using this, how long? sorry for the mix up.

Charles King

Return to posts index

John Q
on Dec 14, 2002 at 2:14:55 am

Depends on your computer and digitizing hardware. With a 700 PIII and software only (Ligos 2), I could transcode to DVD format (MPEG2 IBP) at 5:1, i.e. 5 hours for every hour of video. TMPGenc is less expensive, but takes longer.

If you're interested in doing it for profit, then you want a hardware-assisted realtime solution, like the Matrox RT.X100 or Canopus. That's 1:1 transcoding. Just bring money.

Return to posts index

Charles
on Dec 15, 2002 at 1:57:02 am

Thanks alot John. Much appreciated. I'll be getting a storm2 plus pretty soon. I have some films which are divx files am going to trans code them for dvd usage. I guess the time would be the same system(pIII 700,etc.) as you mentioned in your last post. I have a PIII 1000mhz at the moment(will soon be upgraded). Thanks

Charles King

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]