FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox RTX.100 question

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
t2dprod
Matrox RTX.100 question
on Feb 19, 2003 at 11:56:30 pm

I am looking to purchase one of the burner/card/software bundles and I am leaning toward the Matrox 100. I have a dell 2.4 gig p4 with 256MB of pc1066 RDRAM. To run this card is it absolutely necessary to have 512MB or RAM?
Thanks

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Matrox RTX.100 question
on Feb 20, 2003 at 10:07:35 pm

Hi there
I am reading through the Matrox RTX100 user guide right now and yes that is correct 512MB of Ram is a minimum requirement. The minimum requirements for this card are very high, but in my opinion it is definaltley worth it. This card is pretty high performance and needs specific hardware for it to give you the best performance. I would definatly make sure that all your hardware and software is completely compatible before you buy the card, but I definatly believe this card is worth the strict requirements. Good luck with your decision!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Matrox RTX.100 question
on Feb 24, 2003 at 8:48:13 pm

Get the RTX.100 and invest in the extra RAM. it will be well worth it. The RTX.100 needs seriuos horsepower to deliver the goods, but IT ROCKS!!!

If you check out our system recommendations we've gone to 512+ megs of RAM for any serious NLE work. Todays software, hardware and the OS all need room to operate. That room is RAM. The last thing you want is bottelnecks.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]