FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pioneer A05 W/Windows 2000 & NTFS.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JoesVideo
Pioneer A05 W/Windows 2000 & NTFS.
on Nov 29, 2002 at 1:20:20 pm

Just got my new A05 Burner with the DVD-It SE bundle.
Having some tech problems...Any Ideas?

For some reason, the DVD it Se recognizes the A05 til it starts getting ready for the burn in the "write Stage"
Then it keeps giving me an error message, "DVDERR-9980"Can't figure out what the problem is, I'm running a modified Dell 4100 with:
P-3 processor, 1.2 GHZ, 512 Ram, Nivida G-Force MX-400 64meg Video Board, and a soundblaster 5.1 card.
Both C and D drives are formatted to NTFS.

The other DVD Software that came with the Pioneer is, Sonic DVD 4.0. I can burn a disk off of that but
only in the reduced buffer mode. When it's ready to burn, it to gives me a message, "The DVD or CD Device controller software on your system
does not support writing large blocks of Data. We recommend that you update your driver to the
latest version to get improved performance. Click O.K. to proceed using a reduced buffer size"
I hit cancel, and get another message reading,: "Device Error, Buffer to Big (DVDERR,-9980)"

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Pioneer A05 W/Windows 2000 & NTFS.
on Nov 29, 2002 at 3:06:36 pm

Sounds like the ATAPI drivers need to be updated, which isn't surprising since the A05 is new. Does your cd burning software work with the A05?

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
on Nov 29, 2002 at 8:14:22 pm

By that I take you to mean, have I burned a regular cd with the software that came with the A05 on the A05? The answer to that would be no. not yet. I did burn a Test (12min video)using the included Sonic dvd 4.0 software on a blank DVD but it still gave me a message before the actual burn....

"The DVD or CD Device controller software on your system
does not support writing large blocks of Data. We recommend that you update your driver to the
latest version to get improved performance. Click O.K. to proceed using a reduced buffer size"

I went ahead and burned the test video in the low, reduced buffer size. It came out pretty good but not as good as on high quality mode. The encoder I'm using is from Adobe 6.5. The encoded Mpeg2 files are put into a folder titled Adobe Premiere projects in my documents. I import them into the sonic dvd 4.0 from there for the burn. The DVDIT SE I bought extra, dosen't even burn at all and only sees a pioneer DVR-105 as the DVD burner. It goes through all the moves til it gets to the write part and cancels out with a DVDERR, -9980 message. This did the same thing with a panasonic burner I took out of my compaq on a windows ME with fat32 disk drives and installed it in the Dell, only to find out later that the panasonic dvd burner does not support NTFS. I bought the Pioneer because they claimed their unit does support NTFS.

Question: Where, or what website would I find the ATAPI drivers? You may be on to something here. Thanks for your help. Best Regards...Joe.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Nov 30, 2002 at 1:30:23 am

You need an update to MyDVD and DVDit to add support for the A05, which I haven't heard is released yet.

In the meantime, use the DVD authoring software to "build a DVD folder". Then use the DVD burning software that came with the drive to burn the DVD.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Nov 30, 2002 at 3:59:53 am

I meant Nero, EZ CD CREATOR and the like. As John Q said, until Sonic updates its software, you can create a DVD folder/directory/Title Set and burn the DVD that way, assuming the cd burning software has been updated to work with the A05. I know Nero is good about frequently updating their program to work with the latest burners. Good luck.

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
on Nov 30, 2002 at 4:09:46 pm

It didn't come with NERO and I already have EZ CD Creator 5.2.
The A05 came shipped with only the Sonic DVD 4.0, EZ CD CREATOR, and Pinnacle Write System. The Installation Disk has only these three software packages included. I'm surprised it didn't have the driver installation for the A05. Guess Pioneer relied on the "Plug and Play" for driver installation.

I did however download and install Service Pack 3 for W2K during the night and reinstalled the drivers for the A05 this morning, but nothing has changed. I already had all the APATI drivers updated according to my Son, who built the system for me, but it only had Service Pack 2 on the OS system.

Guess I'm screwed til Sonic udates it's drivers for the A05 for W2K.
I can go out and get NERO and see if that works or download a free trial of it. This is a shame, I use the Mpeg 2 encoder from Premiere 6.5 and can only burn a disk using the Sonic 4.0 in the low buffer size. My DVD IT SE dosen't want to be bothered when it begins writing the video to the disk, infact, the A05 dosen't even light up at the start of the Writing from SE before it cancels with that DVDERR,-9980 Message.

Thanks again for all your help. Let me know if you hear anything concerning Sonic's Updated drivers or Pioneer's updated drivers. My e-mail is:
joesvideo@juno.com

Thank God I can still burn DVD's on my Panasonic using the Compaq with ME or I'd really be screwed big time with orders I have to fill by the Gazillions!

Thanks......Joe.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Nov 30, 2002 at 5:53:02 pm

Go to http://www.roxio.com and download an update for EZ CD Creator. The latest version is 5.3. Most of the patch is updated burner profiles.

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
on Nov 30, 2002 at 10:01:32 pm

Thanks John, I'll do that, but CD Creator dosen't have a DVD burning application, Do They? Mine only allows cd and vcd burning.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Dec 1, 2002 at 4:56:30 am

Here is the link to the Roxio site. It says support for DVD-R/RW has been added.

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
on Dec 1, 2002 at 2:19:37 pm

O.K. Kdaves. The Roxio burns a dvd great. Now, My only problem is: Premiere 6.5 encodes Mpeg 2 as two seperate files. One Video and one Audio. The Roxio can't combine the two into one so the best I can do is put them on a dvd disk seperatly but they won't play in a dvd stand alone player. The player gives me two folders and won't play any of them. I put the burned disk back in the pioneer and open up the dvd player program. It will play the disk but it will only play either Video or audio seperatly.
The only other encoder I have is the DVDIT SE, however, I haven't yet figured out how to import avi files for decoding to mpeg 2 for a burn. I know I can't yet burn with the SE without it cancelling out in the write mode so I'm stuck at that point for now.
I do have Pinnacle express but that takes years to even get a 5 min. video ready for burn. Any other Ideas? Can the Roxio convert avi to mpeg 2? if so, How? Thanks so much for your help........Joe.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Dec 1, 2002 at 9:01:43 pm

TMPGenc will multiplex the video and audio for you. Won't DVDit or MyDVD let you import separate streams for DVD authoring? Also, won't either DVDit or MyDVD let you create a DVD directory/Folder/Title Set? I have given up trying to burn directly from both SpruceUp and DVD Workshop. Instead, I create a DVD directory and use Nero (EZ CD Creator in your case) to copy the "Audio_TS" and "Video_TS" folders to a DVD as a data file. The results are the same as burning it directly. Good luck.

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
on Dec 2, 2002 at 12:50:36 pm

"TMPGenc will multiplex the video and audio for you."

Does 6.5 include TMPGenc? If so, what are the settings for it?
My DVDIT SE will import the Video and Audio Seperatly even though it won't write them to disk but making a folder for them might be possible for EZCD Creator to use. Also, everytime I import AVI files to SE, it imports them to 320x240 resolution instead of 720x480.
Thanks for the help anyway. Appreciate your time. Joe.

Return to posts index

WTS
by
on Dec 2, 2002 at 11:38:03 pm

kdaves suggestion is a good one, you can use TMPGEnc to make your two files (elementary streams) into one (program stream). Most higher end authoring applications require elementary streams, that's why you have 2 (one video and one audio). Lower end dvd authoring applications will often require single (program streams) files of combined audio and video. Here is a link to TMPGEnc, for $50 it's worth just having the mpeg tools(although you have a lot of its functionality with the freeware version):

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

If you launch TMPGEnc and go to 'file'>'mpeg tools'>'simple multiplex' you can choose your audio and video files and tell it where you want the new program stream outputted to and what you want to name it, and click on run and that should do it.

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
on Dec 13, 2002 at 3:11:01 pm

You can create multiplexed files in Premiere. Select the advanced tab when the encoding screen comes up, select the multiplexer tab and select DVD from dropdown box. There are a great many controls in the MPEG2 encoder in Premiere for you to try and having compared with TMpgenc I see no need to use TMPGenc any more. The encoder in Premiere is faster then TMPGenc and for most encodes produces an encode that is indistinguishable. You can start with a preset and modify to change bit rates or audio type, MPEG layer 2 , layer2 or PCM at various bit rates.

Ron Evans

Return to posts index

John Q
on Dec 14, 2002 at 2:31:15 am

Yes, just export the files using Premiere 6.5's encoder. Then use DVDit to author the DVD.

Return to posts index

AirPedro
Re: Premiere and Multiplexing
on Apr 12, 2003 at 2:31:31 pm

I was looking through this thread about DVD authoring with the A05 and W2K when I found the message about multiplexing with Premiere. I tried as suggested to find the multiplexing segment under the "advanced" tab, but was unsuccessful. The message said it was on the encoder screen. Is that the same as exporting the timeline to a movie in Premiere 6.0? I would sure like to figure this one out.

Thanks for the help.

AirPedro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]