FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie: How to back-up DVD's

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
klymaxy
Newbie: How to back-up DVD's
on Nov 7, 2002 at 8:08:00 pm

I have had my Pioneer DVD-R since July but have not had a need to burn a DVD til now. (think 2 year old nephew who can't stop watching Beauty and the Beast) Anyway I have been reading up a bit on how to back up the DVD but it seems impossible to make an exact duplicate. My question is, since it is a dual layer DVD, how do you copy the movie by itself without the extra features? Also, is it possible to copy the extra features on a 2nd DVD. If so how is this done? Ramble on as you will. Thanks!

Return to posts index

eddie
Re: Newbie: How to back-up DVD's
on Nov 8, 2002 at 6:53:52 am

Go to vcdhelp.com and learn away. Read, study, and learn from their many guides posted by newbies and more experienced users as well. Quite simple though if just the movie part iteself is <4.2 gig. Use smartripper, or dvd-decryptor, extract the vobs. Then set up a UDF/ISO DVD Video file structure with your burning software, import your vobs, ifo, and the other necessary files to your VIDEO_TS folder and burn!

Return to posts index

klymaxy
Re: Newbie: How to back-up DVD's
on Nov 9, 2002 at 12:12:29 am

wow...I think my IQ just went up 5 points just reading that. Now i'm gonna need to find a glossary to help define all those words. Razz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]