FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDit SE to Pioneer DVR-103

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sopher
DVDit SE to Pioneer DVR-103
on Oct 26, 2002 at 2:10:25 am

I am trying to burn my first DVD - a wedding of a friend.

Using Ligos compress out of Premiere from DV footage

Originally DVDit checked the size and said it was fine, then when it did the test and burn it decided the project was too big.

Then I eliminated some junk and got it down to size and burned it on generic DVD-R ($.99) - and the last 2 minutes were missing - it exited with write error.

I learned a lot from this almost complete DVD - like move the menus inside the safe zone, and don't use white menu text because DVDit turns things white to indicate they are active (which is pretty invisible for white menu text)

OK - so I recompressed using LIGOS out of Premiere to about 10% smaller - using VBR with uncompressed PCM audio and video max bitrate of 6500 and setting from earlier posts from WTS.

Now DVDit says the project is small enough and it burns the DVD and announces a successful completed burn - but last 10 minutes of DVD are junk - it is perfect up until then, but at end it locks up video, loses audio, puts green carpet stuff over image, stops playing, etc.

I have some Verbatim DVD-R which I was planning on saving until I had this thing working and then burn final copy on them.

Is it possible that it's the generic DVD-R that is causing my problems? Or is it likely something else? I will try a good disc, but first I would like to know if there is something else I should try - I can burn a lot of generic discs for the price of 1 good disc.

Thanks for any help - I'm playing this on a set top that plays everything.

Return to posts index

newguy
Re: DVDit SE to Pioneer DVR-103
on Nov 4, 2002 at 4:08:21 am

Hi,
Check the mpeg file if it's good before you burn it to DVD-R. How big the size is ?
Try other authoring software if the same problem which has happened to DVDit!
Take care.

Return to posts index

sopher
Re: DVDit SE to Pioneer DVR-103
on Nov 10, 2002 at 1:56:49 am

Hey,

I tried on some Verbatim media and it worked fine.

Avoid the generics from hypermicro.

Unless you need coasters.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]