FORUMS: list search recent posts

Couple of DVD burning questions

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jra111
Couple of DVD burning questions
on Oct 25, 2002 at 2:17:49 pm

I just bought a Compaq with a Pioneer DVR-A04 . Im recording in mpeg2 at about 1meg a second in MYDVD program that came with it. IM omly getting 1hour per dvd and from what Im reading everyone should be getting 2 hours at higher bit rates ,why?. When I watch it its kind of pixalated ,why? How do I erase my DVD-Rw disk? Any advise will be greatly apreaciated .

Return to posts index

newguy
Re: Couple of DVD burning questions
on Nov 4, 2002 at 4:15:05 am

I just bought a Compaq with a Pioneer DVR-A04 . Im recording in mpeg2 at about 1meg a second in MYDVD program that came with it. IM omly getting 1hour per dvd and from what Im reading everyone should be getting 2 hours at higher bit rates ,why?. When I watch it its kind of pixalated ,why? How do I erase my DVD-Rw disk? Any advise will be greatly apreaciated .

Hi,
for the "maximum" quality, you can only get about 1hour movie/4.7 gig dvd.
It depend on how big the file is. If you lower bitrate then the file will be smaller and you can have longer movie on the dvd-r.
the quality of the movie depend on a lot of things, capture card, encoder ...You can try different encoder to see what is best for you.
Take care.

Return to posts index

newguy
on Nov 4, 2002 at 4:15:17 am

Hi,
for the "maximum" quality, you can only get about 1hour movie/4.7 gig dvd.
It depend on how big the file is. If you lower bitrate then the file will be smaller and you can have longer movie on the dvd-r.
the quality of the movie depend on a lot of things, capture card, encoder ...You can try different encoder to see what is best for you.
Take care.

Return to posts index

jra111
on Nov 4, 2002 at 6:36:43 pm

How do I gfet a different encoder?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]