FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combine 2 DVDs to 1? HOW?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LARUE
Combine 2 DVDs to 1? HOW?
on Oct 24, 2002 at 2:33:19 am

I'd just purchased a Pioneer DVR-A04 from the videoguys when the phone rang. A friend of mine wanted to know where to get a DVD burned.

"Maybe here" I replied.

So here's the deal, he's got a DVD he had produced with two cuts on it. The disc plays in a museum kiosk in repeat-mode all day. The problem is only the first cut repeats. He'd like me to take the two cuts (he's got them on two separate discs too) and combine them into a 1-cut DVD that'll do the repeat thing for him.

Since the two cuts are already on DVD in Mpeg 2 is this an easy job?

Like I said I just got the burner so I'm quite green at all this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LARUE

Return to posts index

LARUE
Re: Combine 2 DVDs to 1? HOW?
on Oct 29, 2002 at 4:29:16 am

Jeez, these boards ROCK!

Return to posts index

Ted Jan
Re: Combine 2 DVDs to 1? HOW?
on Nov 1, 2002 at 12:21:23 am

Well...it depends on just how much these 2 cuts are together. If the original files put together equal 4.3 GBs, then there shouldn't be any problems producing a dvd that has both.

You might have to ask your friend why were the 2 cuts put on separate dvds to begin with? Other than to separate them.

If your friend has the original files used to create the DVDs, than you just have to run it through your dvd burning program an output the dvd.

However if there is no way to get the original video files, it then takes a little bit more effort. You have to extract the mpeg2 files from the VOB file from both dvds, this takes quite a bit of time depending on the speed of your computer. Once you have the mpeg2 files, you can bring it back into your dvd burning program and output a dvd containing both cuts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]