FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error with DVDit PE and RT.X100

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rpgoldberg
Error with DVDit PE and RT.X100
on Oct 22, 2002 at 9:39:19 pm

I've tried so many things that I'm bound to get it scrambled, but I started by bringing in an analog VHS tape through the RT.X100 and had a separate .AVI and .WAV file. I then edited that with Premiere 6.5 on Windows XP Pro. I produced a 720 x 480 .m2v and .wav pair of files (the ligos export option). I pulled that into DVDit and linked it to a single menu button. The wav would not play although the video would. Upon building, it gave an unknown error at the end of the build (that's all the info it gives). If I select the sound as AC-3, it completes the build, but there seem to be too few files produced. If I use the original .avi/.wav files, it produces the build (though it still fails to play the .wav file in DVDit) and so far, we've not been able to burn the dvd image nor play it off the hard drive to test it.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be exporting the file out of Premiere differently or setting something differently in DVDit PE? Is there a known bug between the RT.X100 and DVD IT PE? I just bought it a few weeks ago and this is my first set of attempts...

Please help!

Ross

Return to posts index

rpgoldberg
Re: Error with DVDit PE and RT.X100
on Oct 22, 2002 at 9:40:50 pm

By the way, the sound works fine in Premiere. And when I am dragging the files to the menu in DVDit, I am dragging the picture, and then the sound file so that the properties show both picture and sound being linked.

Ross

Return to posts index

John Q
on Oct 23, 2002 at 2:50:24 am

Yes, there is a known bug with DVDit and X100 WAV files. You need to obtain the full 2.5.4 download, remove your existing load, and install the full version of 2.5.4.

Return to posts index

planning
on Oct 24, 2002 at 1:36:27 am

Yes, there seems to be problems with Matrox and PE.
Check out the matrox forum on their site and the sonic forum on their site as many of us are having problems.

Return to posts index

newguy
on Nov 8, 2002 at 4:42:11 am

I think if you use premiere 6.0 then you wouldn't have the problem.
Cool I think ver 6.5 is not really better than ver. 6.0 if you use that capture card.Smile

Return to posts index

John Q
on Nov 8, 2002 at 5:50:35 am

The version of Premiere makes no difference in X100 WAV file preview in DVDit. The X100 and Sonic drivers had compatibility problems, causing the audio to not play in DVDit's preview mode. This has been fixed in version 2.5.4.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]