FORUMS: list search recent posts

I am trying my first DVD, file is too damn big....

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skybox
I am trying my first DVD, file is too damn big....
on Oct 20, 2002 at 11:54:16 pm

OK how in the world do you get around THIS problem? Man, this is really difficult!

I captured a video from VHS tape (1hour 50 minutes), MPEG2, using Video Studio 6, the file is 3,776,958kb (3.7gig, right?) OK, that includes audio with it, and by my thinking, that oughta fit EASILY on a DVD. When I try to create my menu (using NeoDVD) it tells me the file size is 5.6gig and won't fit on a disk. I am thinking that the audio is what is causing the problem, maybe the settings when I captured it?

Now I KNOW you can get under 2 hours of video on a DVD, what am I doing wrong here, and is there something I can change to get it to fit? I think I captured the video at 4000kb, the audio was captured as PCM I think.

Is it better to capture video as an AVI rather than MPEG, then convert it? I notice that I have more audio capture options available to me when capturing using Directshow rather than MPEG.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide me.

Return to posts index

skybox
Re: I am trying my first DVD, file is too damn big
on Oct 25, 2002 at 12:10:52 pm

OK, I'll reply myself. I found out that NEO DVD standard which is the one I have, has a bug evidently that when you go to create the DVD, the size estimator doesn't give you a correct value. For some reason it inflates this value larger than what the disk can handle, so it comes back as an error.

I read somewhere that you have to create a disk image, then burn the image to disk to get around this problem in standard version only, it sounds like the problem has been fixed in Neo DVD 4 or plus.

Just in case anyone else is trying to use this.

Return to posts index

newguy
Re: I am trying my first DVD, file is too damn big
on Nov 4, 2002 at 4:21:28 am

Hi,
try dvdworkshop or dvdit! You can get everything ok.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]