FORUMS: list search recent posts

CD burner can't find Sony DRU120A

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skybox
CD burner can't find Sony DRU120A
on Oct 10, 2002 at 1:36:03 am

Ok, I am going to convert to Win2k, need to back up a bunch of stuff on the hard drive before I start over. So I put a CDRW in the Sony DRU120A, and open my NTI CDMaker software to create a data cd, the Sony driver doesn't appear under the heading cd recorder. It only says NTI image creator. Same holds true with Nero, CDRWIN, and EZ CD Creator. What's up with this? Any way to get these pieces of software to recognize this drive as a CD burner or is it that this drive will only work with the B's Recorder software that came with the drive?

Win98 Device Manager says the device is working properly and I can access directories thru winexplorer with the Sony.

I just figured this drive would be recognized just like my Mitsumi CD writer was. Right now I have the Sony CD/DVD writer and my Mitsumi CD Writer both in the computer. Seems kind of ridiculous to have 2 CD writers in the same machine.

Return to posts index

skybox
Re: CD burner can't find Sony DRU120A
on Oct 14, 2002 at 6:28:00 pm

No takers on this one huh? Well, I may have answered my own question. I got a copy of CD Creator 5 and it recognizes the Sony drive, so evidently it is a software issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]