FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Plays only in Pioneer DVR-A04 - Help!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wazunit
DVD Plays only in Pioneer DVR-A04 - Help!
on Sep 24, 2002 at 8:35:06 pm

I've burned a couple of DVDs with my new Pioneer DVR-A04 but the disks will only play in the Pioneer burner. If I put the disk in any of my set top players they say "check disk." I've tried it with both DVD-RW and DVD-R disks. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Should I try different burning software?

wazunit

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: DVD Plays only in Pioneer DVR-A04 - Help!
on Sep 25, 2002 at 1:25:28 am

1. Avoid cheap media. It's not as compatible as the brand names.

2. Not all DVD player are compatible with recordable DVD's, especially the older ones. Check your player for compatibility at http://www.vcdhelp.com.

Return to posts index

wazunit
on Sep 25, 2002 at 3:04:10 am

Thanks much for the reply, but I am using brand name media (Pioneer) and the latest and greatest players...I just tried burning with Dazzle Complete and got the same results...

wazunit

Return to posts index

John Q
on Sep 26, 2002 at 4:03:16 am

I'm not familiar with Dazzle, so I can't tell you if you've encoded your files properly to comply with the DVD spec.

The DVD should contain two and only two folders in the root directory, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. The AUDIO_TS folder is always empty, but must be there for full compatibility.

The combined video and audio bitrate must not exceed 9.8 Mb/sec. A computer can handle the higher rate, but a DVD player won't.

The MPEG encoding may not be fully DVD compliant, either. The PC that encoded the video would obviously have the codec used to encode the video installed on it, so the DVD would play. If the video format doesn't comply with DVD specs, it won't play on a DVD player. I wish I could help you use the right settings for your Dazzle, but I'm not familiar with it.

I use DVDit PE and encode my video at a maximum of 7 Mb/sec VBR and encode my audio at 192 kb/sec AC3 stereo, so my total doesn't exceed DVD specs. I'll typically be able to encode 2 hours of video at 5 Mb/sec VBR and get it to fit on a DVD-R.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]