FORUMS: list search recent posts

putting analog movies to DVDs

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nickvansmack
putting analog movies to DVDs
on Sep 8, 2002 at 9:32:48 am

hi. im a newbie to DVD authoring/burning.

I'd like to get a laptop and do everything from one instead of a desktop.

Second, I'd like to burn and edit my old VHS/8mm recordings from TV and camcorder and put it on DVD.

It seems that most people aren't so happy with the software that creates DVDs and their menus. It seems like people seem to gravitate towards the mac in this respect as the software is more "robust", in their opinion.

Can one do the DVD splash screen in FLASH or Director instead?

And can a MPEG2 cam like that new SonyMicroDV cam, go straight to DVD from tape? I'm thinking of getting this cam instead if its that much easier.

So can DVD authoring be done reliably on a laptop? Or must I go with Mac and reinvest in new stuff?

Please advice and thanks! nick

Return to posts index

newguy
Re: putting analog movies to DVDs
on Sep 12, 2002 at 1:01:25 am

Hi,

"It seems that most people aren't so happy with the software that creates DVDs and their menus. It seems like people seem to gravitate towards the mac in this respect as the software is more "robust", in their opinion."

I'm happy with my pc for this job. Never think of mac for now "smile" .

"And can a MPEG2 cam like that new SonyMicroDV cam, go straight to DVD from tape? I'm thinking of getting this cam instead if its that much easier. "
I don't think so. If you don't need to edit you movie before putting it on DVD then you'd better think of a "stand alone DVD burner" , cheap , easy to use , sure shot every time.

"So can DVD authoring be done reliably on a laptop? Or must I go with Mac and reinvest in new stuff?"
You don't have to go with Mac for making video DVD.

NG

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]