FORUMS: list search recent posts

From DV video to DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nickno
From DV video to DVD
on Aug 27, 2002 at 2:34:36 pm

I am wanting to save all my DV films onto DVD and would like to know what other equipment I need to finish the task.
I have captured the DV film using Studio 7 and have edited the clips. I have then saved them in Mpeg2 format(Studio default for DVD). What program do I need so that I can burn these files onto a DVD-R (4.7GB)??
I have just upgraded with a 120GB hard drive on top of the 40GB that already had, but even this one is slowly filling up with AVI and Mpeg files waiting to be processed.

System Running: Win XP pro, AMD 1600, 512 RAM, 160GB HDD, Studio 7 and Nero 5.5.9.0 / ECDC 5 Plat. I also have MYDVD, but the first few attempts failed.

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
Re: From DV video to DVD
on Aug 29, 2002 at 5:42:41 pm

Although Studio 7 is great for capturing, it absolutley stinks for encoding avi to Mpeg 2 for DVD. I would invest in the Sonic DVD-it SE for about 300.00. That software encodes and burns to DVD and does a wonderful job at it. Is you HDD formatted to NTFS or full unlimited High Quality video capture? If so, continue useing the S-7 for capture only. Later on, you might invest in the newer Premeire 6.5. It now has Mpeg 2 encoding direct from the timeline and it's professional to boot. Est. cost....Double of what the DVD-it Se costs but well worth every penny.

Return to posts index

nickno
Re: From DV video to DVD
on Aug 30, 2002 at 2:21:30 pm

Thanks for the info, this is maybe why this last appempt didn't work either. I captured using Studio and made another Mpeg movie and then used MyDVD to compile the VOB files onto my hard disk. I then used Nero to burn the project. The result was similar to first attempts with the loss of sound from the middle title and a program lockup when I reached the end of the last of the three titles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]