FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD error

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
siegepa1
DVD error
on Aug 23, 2002 at 1:01:17 am

I receive this error using MyDVD software when i try to create a DVD on my new pioneer DVR-A04 drive. (using the pioneer DVD-RW media). This also occurred trying DVD-R media.

Could not complete the last command because: Device Error - Sense Code(4 08 01) - Logical Unit Communication time-Out - General(OSErr,264193).

I can create CD's with this drive but not DVD's

I used a small test file (30kb) for my test. I have a Micron Millenium 733 computer, 640 mb of memory, 2 40g hard drives. I am running windows xp professional. I am up to date on all the latest drivers and patches from microsoft.

I have the DVR-a04 drive as master, and a second dvd rom drive as slave.

Thanks in advance.
paul

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: DVD error
on Aug 23, 2002 at 2:52:17 pm

have you tried to use the Veritas software to burn directly to the DVD instead of using MyDVD?

- Jon x120

Return to posts index

siegepa1
on Aug 23, 2002 at 11:02:34 pm

I've solved my problem. I misunderstood how to turn DMA off. In my windows xp operating system I went to device manager and selected the drive in question only to find no why of turning DMA off. What I should have done was select the Secondary IDE Channel from the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller. In the AdvancedSettings tab, I then should have changed the transfer mode to PIO Only.

After doing this and re-booting all is well. I successfully burned my first DVD using the mydvd software.

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
on Aug 24, 2002 at 2:17:32 am

glad to hear you got everything working. We will add this to the tech support section of our web site.

- Jon x120

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]