FORUMS: list search recent posts

VIDEO_TS format error using Prassi Primo

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
poindext
VIDEO_TS format error using Prassi Primo
on Aug 20, 2002 at 7:31:48 pm

Hi,

Occasionally, when I manipulate VOB's with IFOEDIT 0.932, then I go to burn them with Prassi Primo(that came with Pioneer A04), I get an VIDEO_TS format error before the disc even attempts to burn. The VOB's play fine using WIN DVD from my harddisk. Does anyone know what the possible causes of this format error might be? Or where I can get some support for Prassi PrimoDVD?

Thanks,

Kim.

Return to posts index

WTS
Re: VIDEO_TS format error using Prassi Primo
by
on Aug 20, 2002 at 8:12:52 pm

Its not Prassi, its your manipulation of the ifo file.

Return to posts index

poindext
on Aug 20, 2002 at 10:42:13 pm

Do you have any specific examples or suggestions? I'm following the instructions for splitting a DVD to 2.

Return to posts index

WTS
by
on Aug 21, 2002 at 3:12:18 am

I don't. Prassi is a rock solid dvd burning application, that preceeded the AO4 and has worked flawlessly for me for going on a year and a half. Ifo edit is a freeware program designed basically to manipulate hollywood dvd ifo files so people could copy them(dvd's) to dvd-r. The dvd-r burners were made in such a way as to defeat potential direct disc copying, that's why a program like ifoedit is used to reset the start and stop values within the VOB files because some files are 'stripped' if you will (FBI warning, trailers, previews, etc) to fit the main movie on a disc. If that process isn't done exactly, and I mean exactly, correct, then the ifo points to the wrong place, making an illegal disc and hence the inability to burn to a dvd-r. If you read on the forums that post these things, many of them tell you they haven't actually tried what they described--but perhaps you have found a place that does. In any case, it is not something I do, and can't help you any further. I would suggest trying those forums where there are those who have more experience in this arena. I have tried ifoedit to see if I can manipulate the ifo file created in Impression to offer a menu that can proceed directly to the next without looping back on itself, but not much more than that. Of course these are discs I created, and is completely within legal bounds for me to try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]