FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-RW problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
truong_9
DVD-RW problem
on Aug 20, 2002 at 12:06:55 am

Hi,

I bought a X.100 couple week ago. It came in a packet included DVDit and other cool stuff. After I have my video footage captured and converted to m2v. I used DVDit to write to my A04 DVD drive. I was using DVD-RW disk. It worked fine. I can watch my video footage on my DVD player.

The problem is when I re-write to the same DVD-RW it doesn't allow to re-write. DVDit reported The Media is not blank. But it did erase the DVD though. I tried 2 DVD-RW(Pioneer).

Is there any write protect jumper on A04 DVD drive or my setup problem or any other things that you can suggest?

Thanks,
Truong

Return to posts index

WTS
Re: DVD-RW problem
by
on Aug 20, 2002 at 12:28:13 am

truong_9
I don't know if this will help or not, but Pioneer rec's doing a full erase before using the disc for the first time. Did you set up come with a third party burning application like Prassi or Nero? If it did, I would launch that application and take your DVD-RW and select 'full' (not quick) erase and try your disc again.

Return to posts index

truong_9
on Aug 20, 2002 at 5:00:04 am

WTS,

Thanks for the advice, I don't have the third party software that you memtioned but I have "RecordNow". I tried the full erase but the software complain the DVD disc is not an erasable disc. Have DVD-RW worked on your system?

Thanks,
TRuong

Return to posts index

WTS
by
on Aug 20, 2002 at 2:19:49 pm

RecordNow is essentially Prassi repackaged. There is a little icon with a magnifying glass that you can click on while your disc is in your AO4 (and highlighted/choosen in RecordNow) so you can view the disc, and what type RecordNow views it as. What brand of DVD-RW are you using? Some of the cheapo brands really perform poorly, and don't erase like they are supposed to.

Return to posts index

truong_9
on Aug 21, 2002 at 3:42:42 am

WTS,

I did as what you show me. There is a dialog box came out and said "Disc Read Error - command:51 Sense:03 ASC:57 ASCQ:00" Not sure what that mean. I used full and quick erase. It has the same behaviour. The DVD disc is Pioneer DVD-RW that came with the burner and I also tried the second Pioneer DVD-RW. it is the same.

One more thing that I just notice, I have a DVR-A04 but the Recordnow show I have DVR-104..

What is the difference between DVR-AO4 and DVR-104?

Thanks for the help.

Truong

Return to posts index

John Q
on Aug 22, 2002 at 3:21:57 am

I have an A03, which came with PrimoDVD, so I don't know anything about RecordNow. The retail package was called A03. The drive itself is identified as 103. Similarly, the A04 refers to the retail package, while the 104 is the actual drive ID in firmware.

I haven't had any problems erasing my DVD-RW's with either Win2k or XP.

Give us some details about your computer, what OS, motherboard, IDE connection, etc.

Return to posts index

leebo
on Aug 23, 2002 at 12:23:49 am

I had this problem once. It was a generic disc though.
I coulden't use the disc until I bought a set top DVD recorder and erased it in there.

Now the disc works fine. You might try taking the disc to Circuit City and ask them to erase it for you (you'll have to pretend you're interested in the recorder).

But you said it happened on TWO discs?
You might have a defective burner.

Return to posts index

bmciver
on Aug 23, 2002 at 3:23:43 am

I use the DVD-RW that came with my A04 and use Direct CD by roxio to erase the disk. I think it's a quick erase since it only takes a minute or two. I've burned to it multiple times with no problems. I haven't tried any other brands, so I couldn't help you there but the pioneer RW has given me no trouble. I hope this helps.

Brian

Return to posts index

truong_9
on Aug 23, 2002 at 4:02:49 am

Folks,

About my system configuration:
* W2k SP2,
* 2 IDE drive connect to the first controller.
* DVD burner is connect to the second controller.
* Mother board, Supermicro P4SDA
* 1 floppy drive
* Matrox x.100
* 2.4 GHz CPU
* 400W power supply

Thanks for all the response. According to you folks it seems to me this isn't the disc porblem. I'll try to bring it to circuit city to erase them. If it works then it may be the burner issue.

Thanks,
Truong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]