FORUMS: list search recent posts

AC3 and PCM audio on the same DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bmciver
AC3 and PCM audio on the same DVD
on Aug 14, 2002 at 9:29:18 pm

I've been using DVDit PE to encode DVDs mainly because it encodes 2 channel AC3. I also have had better luck creating movies using DVD workshop, but it only offers PCM audio. What can I use to add AC3 to the DVD workshop videos, or PCM to DVDit? I'm assuming I can create the DVD on an RW and then add the files to have both audio formats. Any thoughts or suggestions out there?

Brian

Return to posts index

WTS
Re: AC3 and PCM audio on the same DVD
by
on Aug 14, 2002 at 9:35:18 pm

bmciver:
My understanding is that dvd workshop doesn't support AC3 files, so you won't be able to use them in that program. In DVDit, you can use PCM wave files, just go to 'build'>'audio settings' and select convert all audio to PCM and you should be able to use wave files with your project. The dvd spec only allows for one type of audio per stream (ie you can have AC3 or wave, but not both in the same stream). Since DVDit only supports one audio stream, you can have one or the other on a disc, but not both. Some programs like ReelDVD and Impression Pro support more than one audio stream, and you can include the wave and AC3 audio, they would just occupy different streams.

Return to posts index

bmciver
Re: AC3 and PCM audio on the same DVD
on Aug 15, 2002 at 1:33:01 am

Thanks for the info. I was looking around on the internet for other suggestions as well, but your comments mirror everything else I found. I have huge Hollywood ideas, but more of a Project Green Light budget for all the home videos. Thanks again.

Brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]