FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Authoring help required

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LairBear
DVD Authoring help required
on Aug 12, 2002 at 4:47:31 pm

Hi. Can anyone help me please? I'm a newbie at this DVD stuff. I have been using the Pinnacle DV-500 plus and just updated to the DV version. At the same time, I purchased the Pioneer DVD A0-4 burner. I have the version of "Impressions" that came with the original Pinnacle system but when I save the timeline as a movie and then it opens "Impressions", I go through the steps to create a dvd. When I get to the last one, I get a DL error and it won't go any further. There is software with the Pioneer burner which I can use for audio cd's, but when I click on video it won't accept the file I saved with the Pinnacle system. It is looking for a different size. Can anyone tell me what software I need to use to convert from my finished product in Pinnacle and get it on a Pioneer DVD so it will play back on home dvd players? I presumed this would work ok as Video Guys sold it together, but perhaps not. The burner is working ok, but so far, all I can use it for is a big hard drive to backup some files. You can email me directly is you wish. Thanks for yout help.

Return to posts index

newguy
Re: DVD Authoring help required
on Aug 12, 2002 at 10:27:38 pm

Hi,
Is it the software which goes with the burner is DVDit! . What error you have when using it ? I had the problem "DVDit! could not find a decoder for x:"file.mpeg".
if so, it conflicts with the RT chip (in my case) and you will have to upgrade DVDit! to solve the problem.
good luck.
NG

Return to posts index

Ted Jan
on Aug 13, 2002 at 9:40:53 pm

It might be helpful if you let us know exactly how you are saving the file from the Pinnacle system. In other words, are you saving it as a AVI or MPEG2 format?

Return to posts index

AD3
by
on Aug 23, 2002 at 5:41:50 am

I bought the same DV500 DVD upgrade, but went one step further and upgraded to Impression Pro. Lots of questions for you. First, have you downloaded the latest update for Impression SE? Second, what media assets are you working with? Encoded Mpeg 2 files that you exported from the Premiere timeline? Did you use the Pinnacle MP2 template for the export settings? Third, are you attempting to burn the DVD-R from within Impression SE? Or are you creating an image on your HD and using Prassi Primo (or is it Pioneer RecordNow) to burn the image to disc? In short, I have more questions for you than answers. But keep at it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]