FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hitachi DVD cameras

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pablo
Hitachi DVD cameras
on Aug 6, 2002 at 3:48:15 pm

I have been reading about the new DVD cameras Hitachi has released and they sound very promising, but I cannot find the nitty-gritty details I need. Wondering if anyone can help.

Apparently, they use a mini DVD-R or DVD-RAM disc; which they claim will be compatible with some 'newer' DVD readers. Does anyone know if the Pioneer A03 can read these ?

Also, they record the data as a .vro file, which apparently is nothing more than an MPG enhanced for recording. Two questions here, would normal editing tools be able to read this VRO file? Two, if I were to transfer the full 2.8 GB file from the camera to the computer via USB, how long would it take with USB 1.1 and/or USB 2.0?

See, If I could easily transfer the footage onto my computer for burning to a regular DVD, these cameras could save a huge amount of time.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Hitachi DVD cameras
on Aug 8, 2002 at 2:37:32 pm

Hi there
I'm not an expert on these camera's in any way but I have read a ton of articles about DVD camera's. From what I have read I understand that the new DVD camera's can play in almost all of the new DVD players. I read that you can not make copies of the DVD's, I can't remember the reason for this but I'm pretty sure that's correct. The articles I read reccomend NOT getting a DVD camera cause DVD is compressed video so you are starting right off the bat with compressed video and not uncompressed full quality, so later on when there is better formats and High Definition TV, DVD will be the best quality you will be able to have with your camera.

I think that if you would like to get into video as a career or a hobby you should get a video camera, it will be better for you overall. If you are just getting the camera to film your kids or something and instanly playback on DVD without editing or fixing up then a DVD camera should be o.k. for you.

Good Luck with your decision, hope I helped answer some of your questions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]