FORUMS: list search recent posts

WTS! Kdaves! Success!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alwayslearning
WTS! Kdaves! Success!
on Jul 16, 2002 at 2:31:05 pm

Well, after being swamped with work for about a month, I finally got back to my "never burned a DVD yet" problem.
I'm the one that kept saying I can hear the audio in Impression SE but not see the video.
Well, just for grins last night, I installed MyDVD which came with my burner (A04). I brought my little MPEG-2 file that I created with Premiere into MyDVD, and I could hear the audio... but no video.
This is embarrassing to say, but hey, as usual, I'm always learning.
Here's the deal (I'm posting this so someone else might be spared from the same dumb mistake:). I use two monitors connected to a Matrox G550 video card. I set them up as 1600 X 600 for more real estate when editing. While the movie clip I made was playing, I wanted to see if there was anything behind the monitor window which was on the right hand display. I grabbed it and dragged it over to the left monitor and VOILA!! Video! For whatever reason, I can't see DVD video on the right hand display but I can on the left! I clicked on create a DVD and it made one on a rewriteable disk. It played fine!! Good image quality! Then I made a second on a write once disk. I them over to my son's house and tried them on his Toshiba DVD player. They were fine!! I am one happy camper. I broke through finally!! :)
Well, I immediately closed MyDVD and opened impression. The monitor window was, as has been all along, on the right display. I put the whole window, containing the monitor, on just the left display. VIDEO!! YES!!!!
By then, it was waaay late so I just shut it down. Now though, I will be able to get on with using Impression SE to burn a DVD. This doesn't mean I won't have other questions! :)

Thanks for input from all that inputed.

AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: WTS! Kdaves! Success!
on Jul 16, 2002 at 4:36:51 pm

Congratulations

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]