FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD+RW Compatibility

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bunsgalore
DVD+RW Compatibility
on Jul 12, 2002 at 12:05:35 pm

My DVD home player is unable to read my burned DVD's even though it is listed as compatible with DVD+RW drives. I attempted to use the DVD+RW command-line bitset utility but I was not able to change the setting of the Ricoh data disk shipped with Alera Cruiser to the DVD-ROM specification but I was able to change the default value of the drive to the DVD-ROM standard while writing to the disk, but still no success reading the disk in my Apex AD-660 DVD home player. I am using VideoWave5 video editing software to create a DVD but am unable to write in VideoWave5 to the Ricoh data DVD+RW disk. I get an error message that says "unable to write to optical disk". VideoWave suggested I check the ASPI layer values to determine if they are all the same...they are all the same (4.60 (1021). So I am using Nero v.5.5.9.0 to burn the DVD by dragging and dropping the file folder "Video_TS" that was created by VideoWave5. Is this the correct procedure to burn the DVD in Nero? or are there other files that I should be burning with the "Video_TS" folder? The DVD plays on my computer but not in my home player. I have a P4 using Windows 2000. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Return to posts index

stormcloud8
Re: DVD+RW Compatibility
on Jul 12, 2002 at 7:27:17 pm

Have you tried using DVD-R media instead? My home player can read DVD-R media, but not DVD-RW or DVD+RW media. Not sure if this will help, but worth a try, as it only costs a few bucks to pick up a DVD-R disc, provided your burner can write to it.

Return to posts index

bunsgalore
Re: DVD+RW Compatibility
on Jul 20, 2002 at 2:48:34 am

Thanks, but I have a 1st generation DVD+RW drive and as such it can't burn DVD+R or DVD-R.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]