FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best DVD software

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ciabt
Best DVD software
on Jul 5, 2002 at 12:04:18 am

What DVD software would you recomend for feature rich easy DVD's?

Return to posts index

spmc
Re: Best DVD software
by
on Jul 8, 2002 at 10:19:37 pm

I have used a couple of authoring programs and this is what I have found;
Dazzle DVD Complete = Pretty easy to use but not the easiest; cost is around $100US I beleive; some pretty cool features like motion menu thumbnails and introduction; not the most flexible menu screen setup though, preset template style type.
Ulead Workshop = Nice layout; pretty easy to use; also has motion menu thumbnails and introduction; very flexible menu screens, move thumbnails and buttons anywhere you want; cost around $200US, one problem though, it has a conflict with Pinnacle DV500 capture cards and won't work.
Ulead MovieFactory = Easiest and cheapest of the bunch, $50US; but, also probably the most limited, preset template menu designs, but you can add your own picture and music to the menu backgrounds (all the others do this too), allows scenes on the menus but these are not "real" chapters. Super easy to use, great for turning out a quick, basic DVD.
DVDit PE = A little harder to figure out than the others, but also full of features; has chaptering, selectable menu backgrounds, music, place anywhere buttons and thumbnails, all the features of the others plus Dolby Sound conversion.
I use DVDit and Movie Factory. Would love to use Ulead Workshop but can't because of the conflict. If I have simple DVDs to kick out quick, and don't want fancy menus, buttons and chapters I use MovieFactory. If I have a more complex project that needs chapters, and special menu screens, then I use DVDit.
Hope that helps.
spmc

Return to posts index

ciabt
Thanks
on Jul 9, 2002 at 12:43:21 am

Hi there
Thanks for taking so much time to reply and answer my question. You have given me tons of info and I think I know what software solution I am leaning towards. Thank you once again this has really helped me out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]