FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xeon Motherboard - Targa/Pinnacle/Matrox Capture

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Sommers
Xeon Motherboard - Targa/Pinnacle/Matrox Capture
on Jan 17, 2003 at 4:02:54 pm

I'm currently using a Dual Xeon 1.8 system with a Matrox 2500 capture card (work). I'm building a second home sytem with dual Xeon 2.4's and a SuperMicro Motherboard. The Matrox RTX100 is listed as supporting the MOBO and the Xeons. No listings for the Pinnacle ProOne - Rtdv though and some mention of the drivers not supporting the dual Xeons. I am also considering the Targa 3000 card as well (if cash is available).

Question(s): Anyone using the RtX100 card (with or without Xeons) and what impressions (gripes) do you have?

Anyone using a Targa card .... and with what system?

Anyone having success with any of the other Pinnacle cards (ProOne (rtdv))?

P.S. .... don't even try and talk me out of the Xeon's ... they are nothing short of incredible on my existing (work) system.

Thanks to all for any info...

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Xeon Motherboard - Targa/Pinnacle/Matrox Captu
on Jan 18, 2003 at 5:12:00 pm

Hi there
Yikes thats gonna be one blazing fast computer! I'm just running a Pentium P4 2 gigahertz with my Matrox RTX100 and in just about all the projects I do I never have to render anything or if I ever do its less then 30 seconds rendering time for the whole project. I love my Matrox card and in my personal opinion I think its better and more practical then the Pro one or the Canopus. You should check out the videoguys realtime round up. A very comprehensive report comparing the RTX100, Pro one and Canopus. I'm not too fermilar with the targa card as its currently out of my price range but I do love my RTX100 and would reccommend it to anyone.
Good luck with your system, sound like its gonna be a monster!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Don Sommers
Re: Xeon Motherboard - Targa/Pinnacle/Matrox Captu
on Jan 19, 2003 at 5:57:22 am

Thank you for the information and advice. I do currently do lots of work in After Effects and also a lot of Chroma Key work as well.

The x100 has realtime chromakey (as I have read) have you ever used it in any of your projects .... and if you have ... how does it compare to Ultimatte or Primatte?

I believe the X100 will also work with Combustion and Digital Fusion. I am leaning towards getting the X100 because my current system at work uses the RT2500 and the codecs may be compatible (??)

A friend uses the Targa Card in his system ... its QUITE impressive ... but costs $$$ lots more. He used to run the Pinnacle cards until he move to the Targa card. He won't be going back he says.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]