FORUMS: list search recent posts

What card to buy

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Buckaroo
What card to buy
on Jan 12, 2003 at 5:46:20 am

I'm just starting to look into doing video capturing. I have an analog 8mm camcorder that I want to convert to vcd and/or send over the internet to family. I want decent quality for vcd(and eventually DVD) for under $300. I've looked at quite a few reviews, and am thinking the Pinnacle Studio 8 Deluxe might be a good option. The question I have is this: Will this board, or others for that matter, capture the existing audio on the tape along with the video? I was looking at the regular Pinnacle Studio 8, but the board has only video in and out jacks, and from the description, it looks like the only audio option is to put background music on it. I want to capture the original audio with the video and archive it on cd. Help me! What am I looking for? I also just upgraded to a Gigabyte AVXP motherboard with 512mb of DDR 333mhz ram, and built in firewire plus USB 2.0. How can I best make use of these? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: What card to buy
on Jan 12, 2003 at 7:59:05 pm

Studio deluxe captures both the audio and the video. The hardware also has firewire / DV, so you'll be able to grow with it. The studio software is very easy to use, but loaded with cool features. The $100 mail in reabte makes it $199.95 after rebate.

Gary
Videoguys.com

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Buckaroo
on Jan 12, 2003 at 8:05:06 pm

Great, thanks for the input. That's the one I thought would be best, but it's nice to have the confirmation.

Return to posts index

Friendswooddon
on Jul 4, 2003 at 4:08:50 pm

I've looked over the message forum, and can't find the answer to my question related to the above post. If I purchase the Pinnacle Studio 8 card/software, can I expect to capture Hi-8mm playback via a S-video cable and not suffer a degradation from the quality of the original Hi-8mm? (Assuming I have a fast enough computer to keep up). If there would be degradation, what capture card can at least preserve the quality of Hi-8 mm?

Return to posts index

Friendswooddon
Re: What card to buy - how good is it?
on Jul 4, 2003 at 4:11:29 pm

I've looked over the message forum, and can't find the answer to my question related to the above post. If I purchase the Pinnacle Studio 8 card/software, can I expect to capture Hi-8mm playback via a S-video cable and not suffer a degradation from the quality of the original Hi-8mm? (Assuming I have a fast enough computer to keep up). If there would be degradation, what capture card can at least preserve the quality of Hi-8 mm?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]