FORUMS: list search recent posts

ripping/editing software recommendations?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vitaphone
ripping/editing software recommendations?
on Mar 10, 2005 at 8:45:15 pm

Greetings,
I just bought a PC for video editing, and I need some recommendations for software.
What I need, is a dvd ripper that can rip episodes and/or selected scenes from episodic, copy protected dvd's to the highest quality. Also, recomendations on what format to use (i.e. divx, mpeg etc) would be helpful. I was looking at the AOA dvd ripper, but I'm not sure if that rips ALL copyprotected dvds.

For an editor, I need software capable of editing scenes together, cutting out blank space etc. i'd need to burn to dvd at the highest quality (or reasonably high quality) with menu's. I dont need anything exceptionally fancy for this. An imported picture with still shots would be perfect for a menu.

Thank you in advance. Please be patient with me, Im new to this. And I assure you, no illegal bootlegs will be done with this, if thats a concern. I collect old films, and I'm trying to put everyhting in chronological order.
Thank you!

Return to posts index

OMGimSteve
Re: ripping/editing software recommendations?
on Mar 17, 2005 at 1:43:27 pm

http://www.slysoft.com/en/ CloneDVD and AnyDVD will rip/copy/burn any DVD in any format even if protected.

-=omgimsteve=-

Return to posts index

larkineric
dvd ripping and conversion
on Jun 22, 2005 at 5:59:14 pm

I'm pretty new to this, but I've been trying to rip/convert some dvds (my own material - I'm an actor). A friend recommended DVDDecrypter and Gordian Knot (or is it Auto Gordian Knot...?), and they seem to do the trick. And they're free. Off the top of my head, I forget which does which, but you'll need them both and they seem to work in conjunction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]